• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Just a walk in the park

Someone had a gentle dig at me about being back in Adelaide for 3 years and not having been to the beach yet, and they were right. This morning I decided Why not? We do tend to take our beaches for granted a bit here, I was quite shocked when I found out that people in other countries have to pay to go to a beach. Here all beaches are free and open to the public.

I got to the beach just after dawn and the tide was all the way in.

Beach 01.JPG

I went for a nice walk and got my toes wet. I wanted to go for a swim but I wasn't dressed for it, no undies. There's always next time. We have very little pollution here so the water is clean and clear and full of life, not all of which is dangerous. :)

Beach 02.JPG

Dawn takes a long time to happen in Adelaide because of the line of hills to the east of us, for a while after the sun has risen the city is still in shadow. I went for a walk up a little shopping street, went in to a bakery and bought a fresh pie straight out of the oven. Not the greatest pie I've had and a little bit on the small side, but not too bad.

Then after I'd had my breakfast the sun was high enough to take this picture:

Beach 03.JPG

I went for a nice walk and got my toes wet. I wanted to go for a swim but I wasn't dressed for it, no undies. There's always next time. We have very little pollution here so the water is clean and clear and full of life, not all of which is dangerous. :)

Not all, just most of it. ;)

New Threads

Top Bottom