• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Just a random thought, on obsessing over Taylor Swift lol

Suzanne

V.I.P Member
So, I am on youtube, watching my fav girl perform live ( oh how I wish I could go, but no chance) and it got me thinking, as I watch her singing and moving around, dancing and all those lights and amazing special effects; I couldn't do it and you know why? Because when I get heightened excitement, I get these really weird feelings coursing through me and the only way I can describe it is when you go over a hill or something and your tummy lurches, I guess!

Sometimes this feeling is so intense, it spoils outings, because it effects my whole being; it is tiring to say the least and I just want it to stop.

I mean: how do these artists cope?

So, I am on youtube, watching my fav girl perform live ( oh how I wish I could go, but no chance) and it got me thinking, as I watch her singing and moving around, dancing and all those lights and amazing special effects; I couldn't do it and you know why? Because when I get heightened excitement, I get these really weird feelings coursing through me and the only way I can describe it is when you go over a hill or something and your tummy lurches, I guess!

Sometimes this feeling is so intense, it spoils outings, because it effects my whole being; it is tiring to say the least and I just want it to stop.

I understand this psychically: some people have an ego structure that is strong enough to handle other people's vibrations. In fact, not only can some people handle being watched while on stage or being reacted to while performing, they actively need it, seek it out, and are thrown into disequilibrium if they are not in the limelight. They get the vibe from the crowd and are able to control them; other people are in their power. They get an adrenalin rush from their effect on the crowd.

In contrast, in others the individual ego structure is not strong enough to handle other people’s vibrations; too many people in their environment is experienced as too much psychic energy that has to be absorbed and processed. Due to being more ‘porous’ and hence open to the collective psyche, their attention is absorbed by so many intangibles that they need a lot of solitude in order to restructure their approach to life and check their own signals. Some people have such widely open, sensitive souls that their ego behaviour is non-compliant and disorganised, or it takes a great deal of effort and willpower to organise. Having such open boundaries can make the person want to tune out or disappear even when they are with others - let alone when they are being watched by an audience. Finding it hard to block out other people’s energy, they may try to create artificial boundaries using alcohol, cigarettes, drugs or other self-destructive habits and practices. Or they may attempt to find a sense of personal centredness and protection using meditation and spiritual practices. Such individuals are incredibly sensitive and need time by themselves on a regular basis.

Last edited:

There is no way I could do it either. As well as I couldn't have any sweet dance moves because of absolutely not coordination. If I were to do something like that it would be a total mess!

New Threads

Top Bottom