• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Jurassic Park: Fallen Kingdom

Lemon Zing

Anyone seen it? The trailer looked all right, I guess.

The films are all very cool. I think they have a great story, some scary moments and lots of action and the first film was years ahead of its time.

Took my 3 yr old son to see the first, I cried, openly, on the early panoramic view of the park. I never thought I would see (living) dinosaurs, a love of mine, and came away profoundly enrapt.
Then I caught holy hell from my parents---he'll have nightmares--- who, incidentally, took ME to see Jaws at the age of 5 or so--- can't swim in open water to this day...
Aaahh well...

I've enjoyed all of the movies.
Anticipating this one to be equally as good. Can't wait to see it.

I saw it last week, fully expecting it to suck, but was pleasantly surprised, I'd rate it 7.5/10 anyway.

Took my 3 yr old son to see the first, I cried, openly, on the early panoramic view of the park. I never thought I would see (living) dinosaurs, a love of mine, and came away profoundly enrapt.
Then I caught holy hell from my parents---he'll have nightmares--- who, incidentally, took ME to see Jaws at the age of 5 or so--- can't swim in open water to this day...
Aaahh well...

Pff you know I saw zombies movies and almost gore stuff before 10, always find that funny to some degree, but I had recurrent nightmares involving the Muppet show, even know when I look at the Muppet show I feel that is VERY VERY VERY disturbing for me ! Like im traumatized or something. The intro song and Piggy terrified me., She haunted me for years.

But maybe 3 yo is to young for any movie ?

Pff you know I saw zombies movies and almost gore stuff before 10, always find that funny to some degree, but I had recurrent nightmares involving the Muppet show, even know when I look at the Muppet show I feel that is VERY VERY VERY disturbing for me ! Like im traumatized or something. The intro song and Piggy terrified me., She haunted me for years.

But maybe 3 yo is to young for any movie ?

Maybe so. Or at least young age in general. I know certain Native American Indian Tribes tried to protect young boys from scares before age 5. They thought it would impair their ability to be warriors later on.

Maybe so. Or at least young age in general. I know certain Native American Indian Tribes tried to protect young boys from scares before age 5. They thought it would impair their ability to be warriors later on.
This also resonates with me.
At a very young age, I reflected on the lack of usefulness of the startle reflex(past infancy), as well as it's persistence past that age.
I resolved to turn it into useful action, until I could determine the proper response.
I.E., instead of ineffectually throwing up my hands and freezing, possibly exposing myself to danger that required immediate action, I began to assume a physically defensible position(beginning from a crouch, usually), and trained myself to use visual, auditory, etc. Stimuli to continue into physically/mentally appropriate action. I have been successful enough to catch things falling out of a cabinet I am opening before they can hit the counter. I seem to have trained my instincts into the ability to adapt, in surprising circumstances, toward, what, utility? Does this sound NOT nuts to anyone?

Aaahh well...

I was a bit like that about Jaws, I saw it when I was 6 (circa 1982) and was terrified, wouldn't go on Holiday for fear of Shark attacks on the Beach, then my Parents told me there's NO Sharks in UK waters, well there are Basking Sharks but they tend not to attack anybody.

Interesting to consider that the Jaws franchise ended with a fourth film. Rather badly, too. :eek:

Yet this becomes the fifth film of the Jurassic Park franchise. Though I suppose articulating dinosaurs through ever-improving computer animation and depicting them eating humans seems to have a little more distance to run compared to "Bruce", the mechanical shark cast in a similar role.

A subject which has been in a number of threads in this forum. How many films can a franchise spit out before the public begins to tire of them?

I can't help of thinking about one consideration with this particular franchise. That the real "star" remains computer animation- not any actors. Could they build a movie around one human character, alone? I don't think so. In that respect, going "Solo" seems like risky business for an aging franchise. ;)

Last edited:
Anyone seen it? The trailer looked all right, I guess.

The films are all very cool. I think they have a great story, some scary moments and lots of action and the first film was years ahead of its time.
I haven't seen the newest jurassic park fallen kingdom movie but i have seen the trailers and the movie will be good and exciting. I am a jurassic park fan and i have owned all of the jurassic park movies and i also have a jurassic park shirt i got from walmart. all of the jurassic park storys are neat and nice. I also like and enjoy all of the jurassic park theme songs. I have seen youtube videos of the early jurassic park video games that came out in the 90's. I think i heard them talk about about a jurassic park fallen kingdom 2 movie coming out also.

Interesting to consider that the Jaws franchise ended with a fourth film. Rather badly, too. :eek:

Yet this becomes the fifth film of the Jurassic Park franchise. Though I suppose articulating dinosaurs through ever-improving computer animation and depicting them eating humans seems to have a little more distance to run compared to "Bruce", the mechanical shark cast in a similar role.

A subject which has been in a number of threads in this forum. How many films can a franchise spit out before the public begins to tire of them?

I can't help of thinking about one consideration with this particular franchise. That the real "star" remains computer animation- not any actors. Could they build a movie around one human character, alone? I don't think so. In that respect, going "Solo" seems like risky business for an aging franchise. ;)

In a few years they won't need human actors, just have CGI characters in ALL movies.

Especially if they ever really invent Star Trek TNG style "Holo Deck" technology.

Like they brought Peter Cushing back via CGI in Rogue One and he's been dead at least 20 years.

Another movie franchise where they've made too many in my opinion, the first one in 1993 was a breakthrough with CGI technology that was revolutionary and to be that good it was also very expensive in it's day, now it's relatively cheap to produce similar or even better and no-one really cares about it any more because they've seen it so many times, so what's left? Well the story and acting, but even this has gone downhill since the first movie in my opinion, especially the story and to be honest I didn't even think that much of the first movie apart from the CGI, but it did amazingly well through so much media hype. I'm not even interested in seeing the latest movie, I lost interest after watching the first movie and I saw the others at home when my friend watched them, but my friend saw the latest movie and he said it wasn't even that good apart from the special effects, but I suppose we have a new generation of children and many of them will probably still like it.

What surprised me however was the original movie was only a PG certificate in the UK and I always wondered how they pulled this off with quite a few bloodthirsty scenes including one with a dismembered arm for instance that in my opinion isn't suitable for some children, but if it wasn't PG they would have lost a lot of cinema viewers and with so much money involved it makes me suspect some sort of backhand deal went on. The latest movie is still only a 12A which means children under 12 can still watch it, but only with an adult and the content isn't considered suitable for them, but children over 12 can watch it without an adult.

In a few years they won't need human actors, just have CGI characters in ALL movies.

Especially if they ever really invent Star Trek TNG style "Holo Deck" technology.

Like they brought Peter Cushing back via CGI in Rogue One and he's been dead at least 20 years.
All musical instruments can be created on computer and we therefore already don't need orchestras or bands Etc., but they still exist and people still watch and listen to performances. In the same way there will always be some human actors and actresses even if CGI characters could do exactly the same job without anyone being able to tell because many people appreciate the fact that it's a real person in the same way as some people appreciate the fact that they're listening to a real instrument even if it can sound identical. Yes there will be some movies that use CGI actors and people won't be-able to tell the difference eventually, but there will always be a place for the skill of real human actors and actresses too and the people who appreciate their work, there will always be a place for real human actors and actresses in the theatre too.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom