• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Job Interview Jitters

Cali Cat

Femme Ferale
So, I have my first job interview since 1999 tomorrow. I've been self-employed for all these years, and it's going to be a big change returning to the rank and file again. I don't mind saying, I'm a bit terrified.

The position is for Administrative Clerk with the police department, either in the records division or in stats. In sounds like a perfect job for me, but I have no clue if they will find me suitable. I ranked #5 in line for the interview from my application and the test they gave us, so I have that much going for me.

I went out shopping for a new outfit today and had my hair trimmed up. The hairdresser did a piss poor job with my hair. Given a machete, I think I could have inflicted the same damage and saved myself $20.

This heatwave we're experiencing here presents a major challenge to choosing appropriate attire for an interview. I tried my best to pick out what I think would be suitable for an office environment that won't cause me heatstroke on the way from the parking lot to the station.

I just hope I can make a decent showing. Everybody keep your fingers crossed! ;)

Well, that was a bust. :rolleyes:

I don't think I'll be hearing back from them.

It's too bad, too, because one of the positions would have been just right for me. :(

Well, that was a bust. :rolleyes:

I don't think I'll be hearing back from them.

It's too bad, too, because one of the positions would have been just right for me. :(

Job interviews are my greatest struggle. Always have been. Hope you find something else.

Job interviews are my greatest struggle. Always have been. Hope you find something else.

Thanks, Judge.

As a matter of coincidence, I had another interview today, and it went much better. However, the position is not as much to my liking: Customer service ... :eek: :rolleyes:

Still, I've had worse jobs, and it's a city government position, so there are ways to transfer within the system when a position opens up that I would like better. I can't argue with the pay and the benefits, and the location is so close to my house, I could walk, ride a bike or take the bus ... like literally a five minute drive. No long commute! :)

Yeah. I had nearly two decades of customer service as both a rater and underwriter. Vowed never to do that sort of work again. But in the private sector I had great accountability. Something that is sometimes "lost in translation" in the public sector. Five minute commute? That aint bad. For the last six years of my insurance job my best commute was around 73 seconds. No kidding. Only one street light to get past! But for me it didn't compensate for the stress of the job.

Last edited:
F1uTubC.png

Yeah. I had nearly two decades of customer service as both a rater and underwriter. Vowed never to do that sort of work again. But in the private sector I had great accountability. Something that is sometimes "lost in translation" in the public sector. Five minute commute? That aint bad. For the last six years of my insurance job my best commute was around 73 seconds. No kidding. Only one street light to get past! But for me it didn't compensate for the stress of the job.

I like the preciseness of how many seconds your commute was :)

I like the preciseness of how many seconds your commute was :)

I used to count it quite frequently. It was somewhat soothing given the arduous- and expensive commute on Bart each day from the East Bay into the Montgomery Street Station in San Francisco.

So just imagine your employer moving to your home town after ten years. :cool:

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom