• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Jenny McCarthy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the most important thing there is IN THEIR RESPECTIVE FIELDS. Nobel laureates can say all sorts of crazy and dead wrong things about fields that are well outside their expertise, and people listen to them because, "hey, this guy/lady won a Nobel, they MUST be correct!" It's an excellent exercise in that delicate act of following the evidence and thinking for yourself while admitting you have to trust to SOME authority who is more intimately familiar with the subject than any of us could ever hope to be. The problem arises when highly educated people step far outside their fields of expertise and make statements that are blatantly wrong.

Yeah, it didn't do anything positive for Nobel Laureate and co-inventor of the transistor when Dr. William Shockley decided to dabble in race, intelligence and eugenics.

I see your point Judge. But, I think a person smart enough to know what Eugenics is, is also smart enough to surmise, that, that was not the point I was making at all- I mean, no offense judge. but c'mon. (;

I was talking about, " Irrelivent Authority" as the term was coined by icontainsmultitudes thread.

I see your point Judge. But, I think a person smart enough to know what Eugenics is, is also smart enough to surmise, that, that was not the point I was making at all- I mean, no offense judge. but c'mon. (;

I was talking about, " Irrelivent Authority" as the term was coined by icontainsmultitudes thread.

Actually I was commenting relative to Wyv's post in a literal sense. Not yours. Dr. Shockley did in fact create problems going outside his area of expertise, even though he was an exceedingly bright scientist. Sorry to go off on somewhat of a tangent...

Last edited:
No, I'm sorry. I was being a wisenhiemer, smart aleck... I know what you meant. (;

Do you work for the court system? Or a national singing competition by chance? Just wondering about your name.

No, I'm sorry. I was being a wisenhiemer, smart aleck... I know what you meant. (;

Do you work for the court system? Or a national singing competition by chance? Just wondering about your name.

LOL- gotcha. I can process sarcasm in person to a minor extent...but online I don't even try. Too confusing at times. Nope..."Judge" is just a funny nickname I got as a very young child. Just a kid with an Aspie stare who paced for a stim and kept my hands in my pockets a lot. One of my father's best friends said I looked like a judge....and the nick stuck for a few years.

But I did take a lot of constitutional law in college.... that's about as close as it comes!

I do not like this thread. This is very related to the vaccine controversy, although it affirms the thought that 'vaccines do not cause autism'.

My parents told me before vaccines are given, there are different processes to make sure that vaccines are pure. They also mention there could be side-effects on the vaccines, but the side effects of lead in petrol is probably more than the chemicals on the vaccines.

As I mentioned somewhere
Isn't it really clear that vaccines do not cause autism, but our unwillingness to work on our strengths to overcome our weaknesses cause issues for us?
Ok, I want to state that it is clear that vaccines do not cause autism, but I don't think we should misrepresent the other side - I believe it not impurities in vaccines that were being suggested as the cause, but rather heavy metals, primarily mercury from the preservative thiomersal See: Thiomersal controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ok, I want to state that it is clear that vaccines do not cause autism, but I don't think we should misrepresent the other side - I believe it not impurities in vaccines that were being suggested as the cause, but rather heavy metals, primarily mercury from the preservative thiomersal See: Thiomersal controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
According to this article, vaccines containing thiomersal are no longer given to infants in the US, and people in other countries probably need not worry abpout its safety. Mercury Levels in Vaccines Are Safe

According to this article, vaccines containing thiomersal are no longer given to infants in the US, and people in other countries probably need not worry abpout its safety. Mercury Levels in Vaccines Are Safe
Hey the Wikipedia article I linked to goes further than that in the first paragraph:
"The thiomersal controversy describes claims that vaccines containing the mercury-based preservative thiomersal contribute to the development of autism and other brain development disorders. The current scientific consensus is that no convincing scientific evidence supports these claims, and a 2011 journal article described the vaccine-autism connection as "the most damaging medical hoax of the last 100 years".

I just want to be clear that while I was suggesting we should get the other side's position correct, that doesn't mean I support or believe it in any way (hell, Jenny McCarthy should probably be fighting child endangerment charges for forcing her child to undergo quack autism treatments like the chelation, putting him in a hyperbaric oxygen chamber, and having him rubbed with spoons all over[?])

rubbed with spoons all over[?])
???
I got it from Wikipedia which sourced it from Time magazine, here's the quote from Time:
McCarthy began to try almost every treatment that turned up on Google. Evan went through conventional, intensive Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) therapy as well as a host of alternative approaches, including a gluten-free and casein-free (GFCF) diet, hyperbaric oxygen chambers, chelation, aromatherapies, electromagnetics, spoons rubbed on his body, multivitamin therapy, B-12 shots and a range of prescription drugs. McCarthy says she made a deal with God. "Help me fix my boy," she prayed, "and I'll teach the world how I did it."

Wayback Machine/Archive.org (project to attempt to archive the World Web Web) archived copy of the Time article (linked to page 2 where the quoted section above has been taken from) Jenny McCarthy and Autism-Vaccine Debate Divides Parents - TIME

Official Time article link: TIME (to access page 2 via this site I believe you need a subscription, I trusted and used the former link to confirm the quote)

EDIT: Hey, I guess at least it sounds like she left the treatment that was most likely to be fatal to her son until the end (given she supposedly stopped when she found chelation an effective cure)

Last edited:
I see now that Jenny McCarthy, high priestess of the "vaccines cause autism" religion, has now renounced her faith and has told Time magazine that not only do vaccines not cause autism, her son never was autistic in the first place. Nice going, Ms. McCarthy. Can anyone say Class Action Suit?

I think an appropriate "penance" or "restitution", to use the language of the Catholic Church in which I grew up, is for Ms. McCarthy to now spend the rest of her career trying to undo the damage that she has done. How many people, especially children, elderly and the immunocompromised have lost their health or their lives because of Ms. McCarthy's advice? Diseases that were almost extinct have made a dramatic comeback, and the blame can be led directly at the feet of two people, Ms. McCarthy and "Dr." Andrew Wakefield. And we all know what his peers think of "Dr." Wakefield's "research."

The good "doctor" has pretty much faded from the scene and I expect that Ms. McCarthy will soon follow, to lick her wounds quietly in private without not a word of sorrow or sympathy. The sad thing is, even if she were to start speaking up about the fact that she was wrong, not just wrong, but seriously, life-threateningly wrong, there are many who will not believe her now and say that she has sold out to Big Pharma or something like that.

It is times like these that I wish that there really was a Last Judgement, because there will be no justice here on earth.

And that's why I keep losing faith in all humanity. Too many little scumbags like McCarthy and Wakefield can get away with murdering and harming children if they have the right amount of money and brainless stupid people that follows them. These two are on the same scumbag levels as pedophiles .... :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom