• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Jazz

I still like Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstong, but my friends in a marimba band bought me a ticket to a modern jazz performance they were excited about and I had to leave at the intermission. If not for the beat, I would not have had any notion that the musicians were playing together. Very distressing. I've since purged my files of anything similar.

I still like Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstong, but my friends in a marimba band bought me a ticket to a modern jazz performance they were excited about and I had to leave at the intermission. If not for the beat, I would not have had any notion that the musicians were playing together. Very distressing. I've since purged my files of anything similar.
How about something that's so incredibly in sync it's eery then? (I don't actually expect you to like this lol)

I'm so glad to see there's a jazz thread here. Some of my favorites include:

Thelonious Monk
Bill Evans
Art Ensemble of Chicago
Miles Davis
John Coltrane
Herbie Hancock
Dorothy Ashby
Duke Ellington
Eric Dolphy
Cecil Taylor
Duke Ellington
Dave Brubeck
Wayne Shorter/Weather Report

I love bebop and had bop, in fact I grew up listening to Charlie Parker, Thelonious Monk, Dizzy Gillepie, Max Roach, etc.

Also I learned piano for some years, I used to play some jazz standards.

I love bebop and had bop, in fact I grew up listening to Charlie Parker, Thelonious Monk, Dizzy Gillepie, Max Roach, etc.

Also I learned piano for some years, I used to play some jazz standards.
Sometimes when I listen to Charlie Parker , I feel like my head is going to explode. The stuff he was doing should not be possible. But he changed that

Main Page - Wayne Shorter Official

I love Wayne Shorter, whether with Miles Davis, The Jazz Messengers, Weather Report, or on his own. Even though he's a big name, I don't see him discussed much.

New Threads

Top Bottom