• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Japanese Video/Computer games

UberScout

Please Don't Be Mad At Me 02/09/1996
V.I.P Member
I am a huge Japan fan, and I think their whole country is amazing. One of my favorite exports of their's is video games.

There's only one problem; while I can read most hiragana/katakana, I struggle with learning Kanji. In games that are dialogue heavy, this can be a problem.

But other than that, the rest of the market is awesome!

I'm the same! I love Japanese culture and I consider myself a avid enthusiast of Japanese animation and manga and video games. Yeah, kanji is a real struggle to learn lol.

I sorta like them, sorta dont.

My main problem is that I never, ever touch story-focused games... and most things that come out of Japan are exactly that, so I end up having zero interest. There are exceptions, like shmups and fighting games, but... yeah, despite liking Japanese things in general, it's incredibly rare that I play any games that come from there.

Manga on the other hand I have alot of.

I dont have the patience to learn kanji or whatever. The manga is either translated or I cant read it. It can be hard to find good series though. There's waaaaaaayyyyyy too many "harem" series (bleh), or things like Naruto where it's just non-stop combat with always-escalating power levels... those have gotten really boring at this point.

I dont watch actual anime all that often. Again, it's hard to find good series, but also I just dont watch things like TV or movies most of the time (in fact, I havent watched a movie in probably 10 years) so that does translate to anime somewhat. I'd rather read the mangas. Lately though I've been watching a bit more than I used to.

Very much a fan of Japan, especially video games, animation/anime, comics/manga, music, etc. My username means tomboy in Japanese. I've been to Japan twice. Did try to move there but that didn't work out.

My most favourite games are usually rhythm games (particularly arcade versions), like dance dance revolution, pop'n music, taiko drummaster, etc. Japanese RPGs are alright.

I wouldn't worry too much about finding kanji difficult. Japanese people find it challenging too. Only way to improve is to break the many stroked ones down and go from there to work out meaning. They are super helpful to determining sentence meaning since hiragana alone doesn't give enough context to what is being said usually.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom