• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I've just been rejected for n-th time by a girl and I'm "confused"

Jorg

What's up people!. I have just been rejected by a girl and although I have a lot of experience with rejection Im just confused, I guess it is how naturally happends but now that I'm able to rationalize feelings still hurts a little.

You see, I've never had a gf, and my past experiences with girls have been awful to say the least, I have always been an anxious mind disaster after a rejection but In this case I have learned to be more rational and "mature" with this last one, the problem is that still hurts a little and I feel some tears in my eyes.

I just feel weird, since I started talking with this girl I knew I had to be prepared for a rejection, I knew that in case that it didn't work I had to accepted and move on, after all, it is not that she and I knew a lot each other and after a lot of thinking I asked for her number yesterday. She read the message and today answered me that she didn't felt confident in sharing the number with me or looking for friends in social media, I was prepared for this since many of her posts were "feminist biased", I knew that was going to make things even harder. And don't misunderstand me, she and I went to the same school, highschool and have some friends in common so it was not like a total stranger.

Anyway, she also said that it was better to erase me from her fb so there weren't awkward situations between us and well I answered I understood her and I was ok with it.

At the end the issue is that even when I was preparing myself for the worst I feel a little sad and hurt nevertheless. But hey... I guess thats's normal in human no? I hope I will be better later or tomorrow, I know I will, this is not my first rodeo as americans say, and this time the bull didn't run over me with all his weight.

Yes, it's normal to feel hurt and disappointment no matter how prepared you are for the possibility of rejection.

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you and hope the next person you approach for a friendship/relationship feels the same way about you as you do about them.

What is it that you're confused about?

Are you American? I wonder what part of America says stuff like that! I'm pretty oblivious and sheltered, so it could be where I am, for all I know.

Sorry this happened to you Jorg but think your attitude is a good one. It's normal to feel a bit sad and hurt after something like that. Agree with what the Tortoise said- in fact was typing almost the same thing! Hope in future you find someone who will appreciate you.

Yes it's normal to feel sad after rejection, I hope feel more cheerful soon.

Am I interpreting this correctly that you where communicating with this woman over social media? That is probably not the best place to look for a girlfriend, that is not what more people use social media for.

I am sorry you were hurt. She doesn't sound very nice in my opinion. But yes, it is normal to be hurt. you are human. I would be concerned it if didn't have an affect on you. There is someone for you though. I don't mean that as a cliche. Look around you. Look especially at odd people. People you would wonder how they could find someone. Yet they did find some one and they seem a perfect match.

I encourage you to find someone who is caring and compassionate like you are though. Not someone who is cold and thoughtless, no matter how pretty they may be.

New Threads

Top Bottom