• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I've applied for 3 jobs this week!

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Topic.

Applied online to Morrison's Supermarket this morning while on the last day of an employability course I've attended for the last 3 weeks, and then did an online assessment for them which I THINK I did OK on.

I also took copies of my CV to a local card shop, and Hotel Chocolat, a local branch of a National Chocolate selling Chain, it's a 4 hours a week contract there and I explained that I can work up to 16 hours including weekends, so it might've been worth a punt.

They're also recruiting for 12 hours a week at Card Factory in Meadowhall, but key holder experience is required for that, as in opening up the shop before they open to customers.

Meh, at least I'm making the effort to get into work, not sure if it will come off, but let's keep my hopes up eh?

Against my better judgement I had to declare my disability for the Morrison's job, hopefully they won't hold it against me.

It's great that you are sharing your positive activities. It's hard to be upbeat when job hunting, but you clearly have the drive and energy to do it. Good luck with each of the applications and congratulations on the action.

It's always good that you're still able to find these part-time opportunities. Sure, go for them all.

I just had an email off Morrison's "We are not taking your application further, we feel your skills and experience do not match what we are looking for", I also declared my disability! Equal opportunities my arse, they say that because they have to, they DON'T mean it.

New Threads

Top Bottom