• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

It's you who upsets you, not the events themselves.

Although I agree with you, surely you see the irony?

When my mother died it didn't bother me one bit.

For different reasons than the theory.

I was told the wrong day for the funeral.

Still not bothered...

I could go on for a while..

My mom died. Thats not what upset but my own personal interpretation of it. Really?!? My mom died. That is WHY I am upset. If thats what you want to call it. The next time a bomb explodes or somebody walks into a school and kills a bunch of innocent kids lets not get at the person with a bomb or the guy holding the gun. Lets turn that inward, maybe ask The Buddha. Why am I "upset" by this and why is it my fault? whatever... life sucks. dont blame yourself the next time someones a jerk to you. dont believe everthing you read. Psychology is crap

I'm sorry to hear that your mother died, Dubz. I did not create this theory, the American psychologist Albert Ellis did. And it has little to do with extreme abuse or trauma as I've mentioned previously.
His idea and the resulting cognitive therapy that eventually came from it, is helpful for people with habitual ways of thinking. Who wish to change habits and perceptions in their lives.

New Threads

Top Bottom