• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

It's not climate change

ucrenegade

V.I.P Member
It's called Hosea chapter 4.

Hear the word of יהוה, you children of Yisra’ĕl, for יהוה has a case against the inhabitants of the land: “For there is no truth or loving-commitment or knowledge of Elohim in the land.
Hoshĕa (Hosea) 4:1 TS2009

Swearing, and lying, and murdering, and stealing, and committing adultery have increased. And bloodshed follows bloodshed.
Hoshĕa (Hosea) 4:2 TS2009

“Therefore the land mourns, and everyone living there languishes, with the beasts of the field and the birds of the heavens. And the fish of the sea are taken away.
Hoshĕa (Hosea) 4:3 TS2009

“However, let no one strive or reprove another, for your people are like those striving with a priest.
Hoshĕa (Hosea) 4:4 TS2009

“And you shall stumble in the day, and the prophet shall also stumble with you in the night. And I shall make your mother perish.
Hoshĕa (Hosea) 4:5 TS2009

“My people have perished for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I reject you from being priest for Me. Since you have forgotten the Torah of your Elohim, I also forget your children.
Hoshĕa (Hosea) 4:6 TS2009

Last edited:
Ok, so if I read it correctly: the land mourns because people have been behaving inappropriately?
I can agree with that.

So basically - follow my beliefs or I'll kill your mum and kids?

Sounds charming.

Ed

Should thier be a law not allowing people to come and steal from you? If you say yes are you glad it is enforced and thier are consequences for those that break it?

I would respectfully suggest that you be more expansive in describing your views. I think you assume perhaps that other people know what you mean, but I'm not sure that very many people here do understand you.

Also there is a tone about what you write that is almost hostile, or provocative. Like you are making a statement without an introduction, or providing a conclusion without the rest if the story. Religion and Spirituality are important topics to many here. I think too that you write these things under pressure or very fast.

I'm not being mean, honest. Even though your (personal?) Religion is bizzare to me and foreign too, I can tell that these things are very important to you. The style you write in is really hard for me to understand.

I hope this finds you well and blessed this day. Great job on inserting hebrew into a rtf, how did you do that? I saw a bible once with hebrew text in one column and English in the one next to it, is that the sort of thing that you use?

Also what is "ts2009" is that a reference to a written work? It would make it easier to understand if you were to presage the above with something like, " I was reading scripture from[provide reference] in the book of Hosea [alt spelling] and thinking about climate change as described on the news..."

My religion is simply the bible and the bible alone no christian or Judaism dogma indoctrination.

They are bible verses not sure how my tone is hostile?
It's probably not important. Instead of "hostile" maybe better would be : Harsh? Elitist? Like a self appointed expert, it seems more like testimony in a way but exclusive. And defining yourself with a negative. As in

no christian or Judaism dogma indoctrination.

I shouldn't even post here. What you write of isn't my thing. I'm trying to encourage you to write more, and use complete sentences, and extoll by beautiful description what you are saying, rather than a writing style that seems to me both clipped short and rushed. I want you to be more expressive not less. Explain yourself fully please. I'm just confused I guess. Never mind.

That's the problem most everyone can't tell the difference when someone is confident in what they believe instead especially in the NT world they mask it by saying I am stuck-up,elitist,or better than everyone else. The world is convinced everything done or said is based on feelings well I am not that way. You can take what I wrote for either the words being said or you can add in feelings where there is none. Your choice as well as everyone else's but I meant what I said.

I think it is in fact climate change. Aswell, I mean. We probably need to address that aswell as the issues you quote from Hosea.

I studied Hosea for my A Level Religious studies, very interesting I thought.

I think it is in fact climate change. Aswell, I mean. We probably need to address that aswell as the issues you quote from Hosea.

I studied Hosea for my A Level Religious studies, very interesting I thought.

I think Yah is using the elements to fulfill the things he said,but I don't think it is as man says.

The symbolic/poetic nature of many scriptural texts certainly allows for different interpretations, but often it is a case of details not overall subject or theme. Comparing something running like a gazelle as opposed to a lion for instance - it might be talking about endurance as opposed to speed.

But Hosea is reasonably clear in subject and I haven't seen any well supported alternative meanings. He is talking about the destruction of the Northern Kingdom (Israel) by Assyria in c. 722 BC (which he names) and the deportation of its citizens, something that happened in Hosea's lifetime. He also mentions the same would happen to the southern kingdom (Judah) later. An event that occurred about 100 years after Hosea's death c. 586 BC.

Last edited:
The symbolic/poetic nature of many scriptural texts certainly allows for different interpretations, but often it is a case of details not overall subject or theme. Comparing something running like a gazelle as opposed to a lion for instance - it might be talking about endurance as opposed to speed.

But Hosea is reasonably clear in subject and I haven't seen any well supported alternative meanings. He is talking about the destruction of the Northern Kingdom (Israel) by Assyria in c. 722 BC (which he names) and the deportation of its citizens, something that happened in Hosea's lifetime. He also mentions the same would happen to the southern kingdom (Judah) later. An event that occurred about 100 years after Hosea's death c. 586 BC.

Your forgetting things that happened then will also happen to us. Nothing new under the sun, these things are examples for us,God says I do not change are some parts of verses. But the point is yes he talks about that time but that is why the bible is true the things he talks about can be applied to all generations and at any point in time. Which is why we see Hosea in our times as well.

New Threads

Top Bottom