• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

It’s finally fall Y’all

@Misery
C'mon down!
The gulf awaits and the temperatures aren't falling much here yet.

I wish.

I havent even been down there all year. The last time I was supposed to go down there was last November, but then my father had his eye accident, THAT trip got cancelled, and... yeah we havent gone down since.

Also, we sold the house on the island. This being due to the fact that if a certain hurricane hadnt veered a bit, the entire island would have been razed. Considering how horrifically expensive everything on that island is, including that house, well... yeah that ended that. It was sold just a few months after.

Well, also we were all getting tired of dealing with the whole rental thing. Ya go down there, some doofus broke a door, or stole a bucket, or just randomly left a fully assembled baby crib in one of the bedrooms. Among other problems.

I suspect that my father & stepmother are going to want to go down to the island for a month during the winter again regardless (they dont like winter any more than I do), though I gotta say, more than a bit reluctant to do that myself. Dealing with the "will this be good or will it be bloody terrible for a month" aspect of staying in someone else's house that they're renting out, is like an anxiety time bomb for me, always was.

I'd rather just stay in a proper hotel. I know what I'm getting with those.

A bit sad to wake up to distinctly colder indoor temperatures and have to put on my upper and lower sweats and a thick robe. I have also put away my two portable fans as well.

I like the four seasons, but I admit that the transition from one season to another is always uncomfortable to me in one way or another.

Might even see some snow in the area south of Lake Tahoe this week. As long as it doesn't reach the lower altitude areas. Too early for that!

Last edited:
Fall is lovely around me. It starts along the rivers and moves inland. It is sad to put my garden to bed for the winter, but this saturday will plant a bed of next year's garlic. To me, fall means celebrating my favorite holiday of remembrance, Dia de los Muertos.

Here is a pic of fall colors along a local river from last Sunday. Kayaking through a colorful landscape is fun.

1695598707831_1695598663470_2018_10_09_Pine-Walker to Dobson_2155_1680x1038.jpg

I like seeing autumn colours and pumpkin /Gourd decorations for Halloween.
(As long as the weather is decent)

Attachments

• IMG_20221025_202047_175.jpg
    IMG_20221025_202047_175.jpg
    637.4 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_20230928-204447_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230928-204447_Gallery.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20230928-204633_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230928-204633_Gallery.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 34
On my bucket list is to experience a true northern autumn

I have a true northern autumn here right now and I'd say it's overrated. :) Not much to enjoy. I rank it somewhere between getting a flu and getting kicked in the groin.

I have a true northern autumn here right now and I'd say it's overrated. :) Not much to enjoy. I rank it somewhere between getting a flu and getting kicked in the groin.
Could say the same about summer here :p ..if you like being baked alive by all means. I did live up north for a year and loved the fall-like weather more than here though. Grass is always greener :)

Random, pointless fact, in the part of the world where I live there are no seasons, just a rainy and dry season.

I'm always reminded of this fact when there's like a new season of a TV show announced to be coming in like "Autumn 2023" and I have to search online for what months are autumn because there's no such thing here.

Random, pointless fact, in the part of the world where I live there are no seasons, just a rainy and dry season.

I'm always reminded of this fact when there's like a new season of a TV show announced to be coming in like "Autumn 2023" and I have to search online for what months are autumn because there's no such thing here.

So, just one long season? Huh, that's special.

So, just one long season? Huh, that's special.
Some areas of the world have rather simply "rainy season" and "dry season", typically the areas around the equator I believe... The further away you get from the equator seasons are more distinct...

I do 175°F saunas for the pleasure of it and the health benefits, so being baked alive is something I'm used to. And I love it, toasty :DBut I guess it's all just a matter of personal preferance. I can understand that it's possible to love autumn.
I am a real desert rat, wandering around Utah and the 4 corners area. I had been good at; navigating solo the Fiery Furnace area of Arches National Park, breaking rock at Topaz Mountain in search of Sherry Topaz crystals, or canoeing our great desert rivers, I love it. Though when air temps climb above 104, I tend not to exert myself as much. Hint - the Fiery Furnace is one of the coolest locations in the park during the mornings.

Not really a fall colours photo, but all I've got so far this year... There are a few yellow trees in the background, and a rather colourful car too... I enjoy trying to capture Fall colours every year, we only get the yellow leaves here in western Canada... A walk in the woods this time of year is wonderful... Or at a car show too

Henry J 01.jpg

everyone who wants to escape the cold feel free to come on down to enjoy the free sauna.
Reminds me of a guy I met in New England who said his family moved down south for the heat.

He said his father joked "Stick the snow blower on the roof and we'll drive until someone asks me what it is".

Reminds me of a guy I met in New England who said his family moved down south for the heat.

He said his father joked "Stick the snow blower on the roof and we'll drive until someone asks me what it is".
I don't mind dry heat like in the midwest - just hate the humidity here, along with getting bit by giant mosquitos. And it is all day and night (it doesn't cool down at night like other places). This past summer has shattered all heat records and wasn't exactly the best weather to hike in so I tend to wait until fall when it's more bearable.

And on lucky years we might even get some fall colors here and there. I'm curious as to how this summer's heat and drought will affect the fall colors this year.

New Threads

Top Bottom