• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

It's 9pm.......

-6 C and lightly snowing, wish it was warmer. Waiting for summer, but not as hot as where you are.

-6 C and lightly snowing, wish it was warmer. Waiting for summer, but not as hot as where you are.
ill swap you for manchesters weather probably around 8c right now @Mia i LOVE minus degree weather,the atmosphere feels fresh and awesome and the sound when its snowing... it pleases my senses wonderfully. :)

I'm guessing @toothless that you don't get snow every day for months in the winter. So it's probably more of a treat for you. It is nice when it's not below -15 C and it is fresh and clean smelling. Although having lived here most of my life, I don't know, Canadians complaining about the weather is a national past time like hockey. :D

Can we import some of your hockey-loving Canadians? We have a lack of hockey fans here in the UK, and those who are interested in it seem to mostly reside around Nottingham which is a great place if you're looking to get stabbed.

Oh and import large quantities of maple syrup too. I like the authentic high quality stuff.

And snow. I know we suck as dealing with it because we might get a few days each couple of years of snow but it would really help in keeping the kid in me alive.

Your prime minister would also be good to have as well since we nicked the head of your central bank, Mark Carney, a few years ago too.

Don't know if you would like or want the rambunctious bunch of hockey fans, they do tend towards throwing plastic beer cups when angered, and getting into fist fights in the stands, they don't usually stab anyone though. They might break store windows and steal hats or upend garbage cans, or set police cars on fire. There's no telling what they might do to the street signs either.

As for maple syrup, well, you should really tap your own trees, and start a home business, with elm or oak or evergreen syrup perhaps? :evergreen:

Don't think we want to give up the Prime Minister, although his Father was made of sterner stuff. My spouse thinks that one of the reasons he's in power is because he has his own hair still. As for Mr. Carney, he went of his own free will, with lots of extra little perks like club membership on offer to tempt him.

We have a lack of hockey fans here in the UK, and those who are interested in it seem to mostly reside around Nottingham which is a great place if you're looking to get stabbed.

There's quite a few in here as we have the Cardiff Devils. Genuinely couldn't tell you if they're any good or not though :tearsofjoy:

There's quite a few in here as we have the Cardiff Devils. Genuinely couldn't tell you if they're any good or not though :tearsofjoy:

Yeah! I don't actually follow British ice hockey. I would say it's because there's no TV coverage of it but I also don't watch the NHL since their unsubscribe method is sounds like there's so many fiery holes to jump through. And I hate telephones.

I think it's either them or the Basingstoke Bison who are the closest to me. And if I were to support any team nationally it would have to be by proxy.

They might break store windows and steal hats or upend garbage cans, or set police cars on fire.

Vancouver riots? We have the same types of morons over here with football. Granted most of them go over to the continental side of Europe to throw their spears.

elm or oak or evergreen syrup perhaps

I genuinely had to look that up to see if that's an actual thing. Does not appear to be. I think even if it was it still wouldn't compare to maple, just like birch doesn't compare to it.

My spouse thinks that one of the reasons he's in power is because he has his own hair still.

Maybe it's different in the United States then.

I genuinely had to look that up to see if that's an actual thing. Does not appear to be. I think even if it was it still wouldn't compare to maple, just like birch doesn't compare to it.

That is a canadian joke, we tell people to 'tap your own trees' although few people usually get it, outside of canadians. Didn't mean to confuse you.

That is a canadian joke, we tell people to 'tap your own trees' although few people usually get it, outside of canadians. Didn't mean to confuse you.

It must be kind of like "Keep Your Stick on the Ice".

-14 C and all's well, today I shoveled snow for about an hour. I have strong shoulders from living in this climate, and a really thick duvet to sleep under.:)

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom