• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

It just made sense

There are a number of people here like this. A late diagnosis suddenly explained their entire life. I am certainly one of them. As you learn and interact more, you will find commonalities and shared experiences, as well as differences. Although we are all autistic, we are also vastly different. It is what makes this site so interesting, we can all be ourselves without masking or trying to blend in. Learn, enjoy, and best of luck.

Thank you @Irizarry79 . I was not diagnosed at the time, and with my intelligence people thought me normal. But I had to accomplish that for my sanity. My social isolation was traumatic for me (because I had the same social desires as others) and now I'm working to resolve the PTSD from that.
I am sorry you are going through PTSD from isolation, also remember a time when had no friends and never thought meet anyone could be close to. It was terrible experience. I hope you work through and congratulations on your progress!

I am sorry you are going through PTSD from isolation, also remember a time when had no friends and never thought meet anyone could be close to. It was terrible experience. I hope you work through and congratulations on your progress!
Once again, Thank you, @Irizarry79 . I have been learning a lot about myself, and confronting the negative lies I told myself. It helps that my spouse has been very kind and we are working on things between us with success.

Welcome! I’m sure you will find many likeminded people here :) I’m also self diagnosed and seem to have similar issues to yours.

I also have interest in philosophy and mental health/psychology! I dig Jung quite a lot (I may also have an interest in the spooky…).

It’s nice finally feeling like you… belong to something. We’re glad to have ya :D

Wonderful that meet and married someone like you have, that is beautiful gift!
That is a tale unto itself when I barely escaped the self rejection that was my goto state of mind in approaching intimate relationships before I started working on myself and which made one more attempt at denying my happiness.

Welcome! I’m sure you will find many likeminded people here :) I’m also self diagnosed and seem to have similar issues to yours.

I also have interest in philosophy and mental health/psychology! I dig Jung quite a lot (I may also have an interest in the spooky…).

It’s nice finally feeling like you… belong to something. We’re glad to have ya :D
Very nice to meet you, I also love spooky been wanting to visit Centrailia, PA, I find history of area interesting too. My favorite book as kid was Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark. It is nice to meet everyone and glad found this group!

I think I understand how you feel about this, I was diagnosed as an adult. I had a little bad luck, my parents took me to a doctor several times when I was very young because they knew something was going on. It was obvious. But the doctor told them it was because I was left-handed and he never checked for anything else.

Then things finally fell into place many years later, I was tested and checked thoroughly and ended up with an AS diagnosis. For me it made perfect sense, I knew all along that there was `something`. Best of luck with everything.
I think I understand how you feel about this, I was diagnosed as an adult. I had a little bad luck, my parents took me to a doctor several times when I was very young because they knew something was going on. It was obvious. But the doctor told them it was because I was left-handed and he never checked for anything else.

Then things finally fell into place many years later, I was tested and checked thoroughly and ended up with an AS diagnosis. For me it made perfect sense, I knew all along that there was `something`. Best of luck with everything.
Thank you so much! Sorry took so long for diagnosis especially when answer was clear. Glad found answer, it helps to understand. Best of luck to you too!
Kristi

New Threads

Top Bottom