• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Issues with water.

Wow! we must polar opposites. I could just about live in the water 24Hrs a day. If I where in better shape.

I love high pressure showers but I can't stand the thought of laying in my own dirty water in a bath.

On top of that because I managed to walk into a lake well camping when I was 3 and almost drowned and then had to have numerous leeches burned off with a cigar. I'm not a big fan of swimming in lakes I will sometimes but it's usually accompanied by anxiety. Same goes for pools where there's other people but that's because of body image issues and not a fear of leeches or drowning. I have no problems on boats and I did learn how to swim when I was a kid although just enough to save my life if I fell in.

I love high pressure showers but I can't stand the thought of laying in my own dirty water in a bath.

On top of that because I managed to walk into a lake well camping when I was 3 and almost drowned and then had to have numerous leeches burned off with a cigar. I'm not a big fan of swimming in lakes I will sometimes but it's usually accompanied by anxiety. Same goes for pools where there's other people but that's because of body image issues and not a fear of leeches or drowning. I have no problems on boats and I did learn how to swim when I was a kid although just enough to save my life if I fell in.
I thought you were supposed to put salt on leeches? But then, I've never gotten leeched, so I don't know. I don't know of any diseases they transmit. Can anybody think of one? Odd little creatures. I don't know what they are taxonomically.

New Threads

Top Bottom