• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is This Real Life

McKenzie

Hello,

I am a recently graduated MA in Experimental Psychology student. I was diagnosed as an Aspie about 2.5 years ago.

I was looking for a community with members like myself as I am constantly frustrated with NTs and was hoping I’d meet others like me that I could talk with and gain insight from. I understand everyone has their own strategies for dealing with other people, and I thought it would be helpful to find others with similar world views/thought patterns as mine. It’s always difficult to explain to NTs how I view the world and it gets tiring feeling like an outsider. I have tried meeting with groups in my area, but unfortunately, most groups were designed for low functioning individuals, or the high functioning groups were no longer meeting.

I look forward to being a part of this community, and hope to gain perspective and insight through communication with others on the spectrum, and their loved ones.

ea796b2ffadd51edc442d91deb9e62eb.png

Hello,

I am a recently graduated MA in Experimental Psychology student. I was diagnosed as an Aspie about 2.5 years ago.

I was looking for a community with members like myself as I am constantly frustrated with NTs and was hoping I’d meet others like me that I could talk with and gain insight from. I understand everyone has their own strategies for dealing with other people, and I thought it would be helpful to find others with similar world views/thought patterns as mine. It’s always difficult to explain to NTs how I view the world and it gets tiring feeling like an outsider. I have tried meeting with groups in my area, but unfortunately, most groups were designed for low functioning individuals, or the high functioning groups were no longer meeting.

I look forward to being a part of this community, and hope to gain perspective and insight through communication with others on the spectrum, and their loved ones.

I'd say you came to the right place. Welcome to AF. :)

Hi McKenzie.
I was diagnosed about 3 years ago and have found this is a great place where I've found so many
with like traits, yet many differences. Good place to learn and share.
welcome.gif

New Threads

Top Bottom