• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is there anyway I can get a diagnosis overturned? I believe I was misdiagnosed

Status
Not open for further replies.
When medical professionals are evaluating people under such circumstances, consider it a holistic examination process. That whatever comes out of your mouth may be every bit as relevant as to what your body tells them, apart from medical records provided by third-parties.

It would be unfortunate if one's attitude and choice of words contributed to the assessment of a medical professional with the rank of Captain or higher. Where sometimes there's a fine line between being cocky and disrespectful. It also doesn't help that narcissism is sometimes mistaken in cases involving considerations of autism. It would be sad if it was his attitude that really sank him as opposed to only a subjective analysis of his medical records.

Of course we don't know what actually went down. Only that based on the original post that there are a number of things to consider into why the OP was turned down for military service.
I kind of wondered that myself. Also wondered about overcompensating.
I agree with the narcissism sometimes being mistaken in cases involving considerations of autism, but there is distinct difference. Narcissism there is a lot of grandiose thinking and not following rules because they are above that and they keep everyone beneath them any way they can. With autism, it's hard to think past self as far as being interested but I think that's about the limit. We definitely don't believe we are better than everyone else and we do care about other people. If anything we will have self esteem issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom