• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is there any movies from 2022 or 2023 that are popular about autism?

Amethystgirl

Is there any movies from 2022 or 2023 that are popular about autism? I haven't seen a movie about autism in a while.

These range from 2010 through 2019.

This one (Beyond) is from 2023.

Also 2023, When time got louder.

Ezra.

A Man called Otto.

Big list with a few from 2022 and 2023.

Oppenheimer, many of the scientists depicted were on the spectrum. Many of these guys were my role models when I was younger.

Last edited:
It's not stated directly in the film, but the character Phoebe Spengler, in the movie Ghostbusters: Afterlife is written as autistic. Much of the script was written by Dan Aykroyd who is autistic. A movie I can watch over and over and never get tired of it.

Also, while this is not in you listed time frame (2017), but I liked the movie, "Please Stand By". It is about an autistic girl who's special interest is Star Trek. It's no blockbuster, but I really like it. I think it's on Vudu.

Not recent films, but they rated high with the Rotten Tomatoes' audience:

"Snow Cake" (2006) 86% audience score

"The Black Balloon" (2008) 84% audience score

"My Name Is Khan" (2010) 83% audience score

"After Thomas" (2006) 81% audience score

"Mozart and the Whale" (2005) 80% audience score

"The Story of Luke" (2012) 78% audience score

"The Accountant" (2016) 76% audience score

"Adam" (2009) 72% audience score

This just got uploaded to Youtube and it's hilarious and touching and poignant (I love that word!).

Last edited:
The way Reacher is played (better and appropriate) in the new series - he's very much one of us. It's great.

I don't know about "popular" but on one of the Hallmark channels there was a movie called A world record Christmas about an autistic boy and his family and the actor who played Charlie is autistic and it came out in December of 2023.

New Threads

Top Bottom