• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is there a ND sleeping habit?

I don't have the staying asleep issue as bad as you. When i started Welbutrin, it would sometimes cause me to wake up and not be able to go to sleep again.

I also have sleep apnea. Do you snore?

I have sleep apnea also, and use a BiPap machine. It doesn't help that much. I used to take an anti-depressant, but stopped taking it about 5 years ago.

I don't have the staying asleep issue as bad as you. When i started Welbutrin, it would sometimes cause me to wake up and not be able to go to sleep again.

I also have sleep apnea. Do you snore?

I found the following article which describes my sleep issues to a tee, except for generalizations they make about intelligence:

Sleep problems in autism, explained

The article mentions there could be a connection to Gene mutations being the root cause behind these issues. I do not know which genes are involved, but I have some problem genes, specifically homozygous C677T MTHFR, MTR, and MTRR genes which in this combination I am told are unusual. I have discussed with doctors, and have not found even one doctor in my area who is knowledgeable of these genes.

The other thing is that I have never been officially diagnosed with Asperger's/High Functioning Autism, but I have a friend who is trained in special education who works with children with autism, and she believes I have just learned to deal with issues and have overcome the social issues associated with autism. However, there are serious health consequences of living with these sleep issues.

I found the following article which describes my sleep issues to a tee, except for generalizations they make about intelligence:

Sleep problems in autism, explained

The article mentions there could be a connection to Gene mutations being the root cause behind these issues. I do not know which genes are involved, but I have some problem genes, specifically homozygous C677T MTHFR, MTR, and MTRR genes which in this combination I am told are unusual. I have discussed with doctors, and have not found even one doctor in my area who is knowledgeable of these genes.

The other thing is that I have never been officially diagnosed with Asperger's/High Functioning Autism, but I have a friend who is trained in special education who works with children with autism, and she believes I have just learned to deal with issues and have overcome the social issues associated with autism. However, there are serious health consequences of living with these sleep issues.

Yeah sleep issues are no joke.

Nice link. I know when I have to get a sleep study for the CPAP machine, it is the worst night of sleep I get outside of full on insomnia.

New Threads

Top Bottom