• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is there a connection between Autism and Gender Dysphoria?

Is there a connection?

• No there is not.

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Yes there is.

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • IDK.

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters
Fact, my daughter was transgender, and l feel she is on the spectrum, like her mom and probably her dad.

Female aspies *supposedly* have male brains that makes us act more masculine, but I think we're more gender non-conformist than gender dysphoric, and women get away with it more, anyway. A woman can wear pants and no one assumes she's a transgender male because of it, but if a guy wears a dress, watch out! It's because "guy" things are seen as superior to "girl" things in our society.:rolleyes:

But l was careful to let her decide what and who and what she was in tweens, didn't groom her to be feminine or masculine, she went transgender second year of HS.

Female aspies *supposedly* have male brains that makes us act more masculine, but I think we're more gender non-conformist than gender dysphoric, and women get away with it more, anyway. A woman can wear pants and no one assumes she's a transgender male because of it, but if a guy wears a dress, watch out! It's because "guy" things are seen as superior to "girl" things in our society.:rolleyes:

This is true, guys wearing skirts yet very short hair stood out in my view in Los Angeles just a few years back, but l wouldn't register a masculine dressed female except to assume her preference .

Ok. Best times to watch out for my posts are morning, any time before 11 EST. And any time after 5 PM EST.

But especially evenings.

ADHD symptoms at their most disruptive. I'm hyper, impulsive, and less able to regulate my emotions.

ME TOO

:mad: Someone like me! Someone like me! :mad:

(Aggressive chanting, not anger ;))

ME TOO

:mad: Someone like me! Someone like me! :mad:

(Aggressive chanting, not anger ;))

o_O:D:confused:Yay!? o_O:D:confused:

(Confused/conflicted cheer because I enjoy finding those who can totally relate, but imagine that we should probably avoid each other while unmedicated)

I was/am super nerdy and tomboyish, and when I was younger, it took me awhile to figure out I wouldn't "grow up" to be a boy.

But I'm 34 now, still female because biology, happily married to a wonderful and hot dude, yet still super nerdy and tomboyish...lol.

So not gender dysphoric, but definitely not the usual female who hates sex and is obsessed with shopping, gossiping, and the feels as opposed to systems.

I am not gender dysphoric, but I am gay, and statistically speaking that those on the spectrum tend to to make up a higher percentage of lgbtqia️‍ than those who are not on the spectrum and are lgbtqia.
Those that don’t fit in to certain boxes of society will more likely search and try to find a place that allows them to fit in. So is the case with identifying as non-binary, homosexual, etc... Expect more in the future as society becomes more accepting of others.

Truth be told, there are also nurtured reasons as to why some might be diagnosed transgender, but that doesn’t change the fact that everyone wants to feel accepted.

The problem with studies or polls though is that the sample sizes aren’t large enough to support the findings typically...So we have a lot of effort poured in to a study that often shows correlation =/= causation .

Last edited:
I really don't know, and therefore don't have an opinion about this. I'm not transgender, but I could recall back when I was 5, and said to my mother, "When I grow up, I want to be a girl, just like you.". That is certainly not the case anymore. I do express my feelings more openly than the average man, but I am still a man, and I have no gender dysphoria. I think that kids should wait a certain age before taking any steps toward transitioning to the other gender. I'm not sure when exactly, maybe late teens? 14 at the least.

Controversial opinion. I only believe in two genders, male and female. You have to have gender dysphoria to be transgender. I don't think that non-binary is scientific. However, I will respect the they/them pronouns if you insist. I want to be nice to everyone and they/them are easier than those neopronous which in my opinion are kind of dumb.

This might get me hate...

YES THERE IS, and I can prove it. I am 38 years old. Long before the new push for Transgender equality, I thought that I was transgender. I very much AM NOT. I am SO SO SO VERY GRATEFUL that I never, ever took any kind of synthetic hormones that would have given me body hair or a deeper voice. I am still a woman, through and through.

I was wondering.

Shouldn't we be defined (define ourselves ) by what we do,instead of how we feel?

Then we can do some good and be good people.

I don't know if it is or not.
I can only go off my own experience.
My Nephew is on the spectrum but we've never talked about it, he acts like a guy I don't know how he feels about it though, he's 13.
I know I'm a male, with feelings, interests, physical capabilities and values that are traditionally male.
My Nephew's interests are also male. We haven't talked about feelings or values yet but that also seems pretty male.
I was wondering.

Shouldn't we be defined (define ourselves ) by what we do,instead of how we feel?

Then we can do some good and be good people.
I think it's a bad idea to judge others by intention as results are what matter to society.
As for judging oneself, I think you should use why you did something - using more than just a casual examination - If you don't know why you do what you do you don't know yourself.

This does mean by my own criteria I'm a bad person because I do good because it benefits me and mine, and I will hurt others for the same reason.
Sometimes hurt friends to benefit me depending on how much I want it.
D&D terms I'm neither Lawful nor Good.

One of my sons, who is highly likely to be Aspie, identifies as a "non binary" male. He is very effeminate. I told him "You can be whatever kind of man you want to be". I told him he doesn't need to define as "gay" "bi" whatever, he is still open to explore who he is without needing a label. He wears whatever he wants, dresses, drag, make up, doesn't matter, what matters is what kind of PERSON he is and how he treats people. I teach him to have dignity and treat other's as they are entitled to dignity.

I don't believe an operation and hormone therapy turns you into the opposite gender. I don't care how you dress, if you like make up or not, that's just fashion as far as I'm concerned and has no bearing on your gender.

Gender is GENetic; X and Y chromosomes, mitochondrial or nuclear, NOT "feelings" "cultural constructs" (not like language, language is a cultural construct), it is whether you can contribute to making a baby with a penis and sperm or a vagina and egg.

Having superficial surgery, which, I've done research on, and doctor built ones DON'T work like nature-made genitals, won't magically turn you into the opposite gender.
See GENitals for the GENder identification.

I would call someone the pronoun they want, as long as we both know that that the emperor is naked, by this I mean, a man can't become a woman, but they can request someone pretend that they are. Gender dysphoria needs to be treated with compassion but that doesn't mean humouring and condescending about "You cant handle the truth" kind of delusion collusion.

A wooden duck is not a real duck, even if it looks exactly like an actual live duck.

Feelings don't make you a different gender, thoughts don't either, nor does politics or technology.

I've been to university (Arts/humanities, what a waste of money!!!!) and they tried to indoctrinate me with all that poppycock and it's political hogwash, as far as I'm concerned, just like all the other neo-marxist,
postmodern, identity, victim politics.

I'm a mother of seven babies that I birthed and I'm far from a stereotypical woman. I don't prescribe to any sexist "gender norm" ideas, I'm just me, and I treat everyone according to merit, and with honesty, not for popular fawny PC points.

Don't you think this non-reality based "feelings define reality" stuff has gone a bit far?

Last edited:
One of my sons, who is highly likely to be Aspie, identifies as a "non binary" male. He is very effeminate. I told him "You can be whatever kind of man you want to be". I told him he doesn't need to define as "gay" "bi" whatever, he is still open to explore who he is without needing a label. He wears whatever he wants, dresses, drag, make up, doesn't matter, what matters is what kind of PERSON he is and how he treats people. I teach him to have dignity and treat other's as they are entitled to dignity.

I don't believe an operation and hormone therapy turns you into the opposite gender. I don't care how you dress, if you like make up or not, that's just fashion as far as I'm concerned and has no bearing on your gender.

Gender is GENetic; X and Y chromosomes, mitochondrial or nuclear, NOT "feelings" "cultural constructs" (not like language, language is a cultural construct), it is whether you can contribute to making a baby with a penis and sperm or a vagina and egg.

Having superficial surgery, which, I've done research on, and doctor built ones DON'T work like nature-made genitals, won't magically turn you into the opposite gender.
See GENitals for the GENder identification.

I would call someone the pronoun they want, as long as we both know that that the emperor is naked, by this I mean, a man can't become a woman, but they can request someone pretend that they are. Gender dysphoria needs to be treated with compassion but that doesn't mean humouring and condescending about "You cant handle the truth" kind of delusion collusion.

A wooden duck is not a real duck, even if it looks exactly like an actual live duck.

Feelings don't make you a different gender, thoughts don't either, nor does politics or technology.

I've been to university (Arts/humanities, what a waste of money!!!!) and they tried to indoctrinate me with all that poppycock and it's political hogwash, as far as I'm concerned, just like all the other neo-marxist,
postmodern, identity, victim politics.

I'm a mother of seven babies that I birthed and I'm far from a stereotypical woman. I don't prescribe to any sexist "gender norm" ideas, I'm just me, and I treat everyone according to merit, and with honesty, not for popular fawny PC points.

Don't you think this non-reality based "feelings define reality" stuff has gone a bit far?

You're equating "sex" with "gender," while the social movement separates these into two different things. Do you just disagree with that distinction? Or what do you think about that?

I'm not arguing, I'm actually just curious. I don't have a strong stance either way.

Also, I have a wooden duck! :D And I can attest that it is, sadly, true. 'Tis not a real duck. :(

In general,generations of people brought up without criticism creating self-supporting environments which sxagerrates the trend.

It's seems the meaning of the word gender has changed for a lot of people.

Problems down the line,regarding rights of women, will be bad actors who self-id as women.
Laws are already being changed to support the modern meaning of gender ,in support of self-id with political support meaning previous sex based rights of women are subject to change.

The irony being the modern meaning of gender could be seen,in some ways, as more stereotypical.

You're equating "sex" with "gender," while the social movement separates these into two different things. Do you just disagree with that distinction? Or what do you think about that?

I'm not arguing, I'm actually just curious. I don't have a strong stance either way.

Also, I have a wooden duck! :D And I can attest that it is, sadly, true. 'Tis not a real duck. :(

The university distinction... "trend", "movement", has no actual, factual, basis, as in Social Science. Biology counters these purported "truths", and, REAL (based on fact) social science disproves the claims made by these extremely wrongheaded, sexist ideologues.

GENder refers to the GENetics that one is endowed with, to perpetuate the next GENeration.

I have no beef with gender dysphoric people, I think they are vulnerable to being harmed by that sexist ideology.

See, a "construct" can't contribute GENetic material to create another human, but a GENdered human can. That's what GENder is about, it's not about social organization, except in relationship to the rearing of the next GENeration, which is, actually, a pretty big deal.

Any wage gap discrepancy pertains to career choices, hours of work and duration of years in a job and has NOTHING to do with what one has between their legs.

Last edited:
You have to sign up and pay to gain access to the paper. Anyway, this is the very first time I have come across anyone linking the two, and I fail to see what the two conditions could possibly even have in common.

New Threads

Top Bottom