• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is the Mandela effect related to Autism?

ronald1957

V.I.P Member
Maybe the world has been bombarded with fake news and mind control tricks, that it is inevitable the Mandela effect was bound to show up. The idea that a large amount of people having the same altered memory, is an interesting fact to me. I have been wondering are our thoughts truely our own? You go to sleep waking up to a new day. Like a computer your updated daily.

This is my 2nd month of knowing I am an Aspie. If my neighbor didn't clue me in I problably wouldn't have ever known, because I am a born recluse, with a strong self defence mechanism, striving for enlightenment. But I am closer to being a cookie monster, telling others to cut down on sugar. One hand not knowing what the other hand is doing.

So are there a lot more aspies out there, who are the majority experiencing the Mandela effect? Or are aspies a symptom of a collective mind emerging together like the Borg?

Last edited:
My personal ASD twisted thoughts on this are simple. I seem to think in deep logic, and fact based evidence to the point of being often called blunt or rude. Yet its because I have this built in BS meter (not sure what else to call it). I do not listen to news casts. I sort of detest politics because it is a huge pitiful joke at this point. I watch no television at all really. I will watch a movie ever now and then, but usually go to sleep as soon as it starts. However, a true story like "A Beautiful Mind, or a movie like "Inception" or something like that can easily keep my attention.

I think ASD people may have to "act" at a certain level to be accepted at any level, but then we come here to write off that icky sick feeling to have to live like something we are not. So many people can just filter out the fakeness, the drama, the puke inducing greed, and the ignorance people call reality... Some even love getting into to all that stuff... and I see it as insane and sad at best, but to each his own. Without the contrast of stuff I dislike would I know what I like, who I am, how I think, etc. So, I do see it as beneficial in some freakish way if only as some form of a mental measurement of what I am.

I don't think many of us (ASD people) would fall into what I understand of the Mandella effect (which is false beliefs of things said to have happened). I think in pictures and the common thread of that narritive is based on things that can be compared to logic, hard data, and facts... So that leaves not much room for me to allow some contrived popular fad to rock my weird world very much. : )

I'm sure that majority includes a lot of people on the spectrum (myself included, I'm not immune to false memories), and a big fat "no" to that second question.

You can go here (a link explaining the Mandela effect) and find out for yourself. I'm betting 100:1 a lot of people here will be scratching their heads too.

I'm sure that majority includes a lot of people on the spectrum (myself included, I'm not immune to false memories), and a big fat "no" to that second question.

You can go here (a link explaining the Mandela effect) and find out for yourself. I'm betting 100:1 a lot of people here will be scratching their heads too.
The Borg was not the best example to use. I wanted to use the example from the Netflix series "sense 8", but figured it was not well known enough.... My imagination of a future world; where aspies are used for transhuman experiments was where my mind was at.... That ASD s a precursor to something else in the future.

Last edited:
Embracing false memories en masse? I don't see those on the spectrum any more susceptible to such behavior than those who are not on the spectrum.

Much in the same light as those who might embrace authoritarian mass movements. For as many on the spectrum who would reject them out of hand, there would also be many who would welcome a chance to be a part of the masses where under other circumstances it might prove difficult or even impossible.

The 'Mandela Effect' is a baseless hypothesis. It belongs in the realm of fiction, with 'The Borg', not reality. Many factors can cause a common mistake, a misheard lyric, a confusing of similar facts, etc. To say alternate universes cause it is about as believable as thunder is actually Giants bowling.

I'm more concerned about dysrationalia than false memories. Why aren't people getting tested for this?

Oh well, guess I'll have to pay closer attention next time. :(

Well, in a nutshell..... I think this world; is in a realm of a momentary defrag.operation that's a query for an old memory war. We are the living experience of that query.

But, if you think we were made in the image of.....
and we' re a reason for angels having wars about the meaning of our exists..... How does that differ from a nutshell query?

My personal ASD twisted thoughts on this are simple. I seem to think in deep logic, and fact based evidence to the point of being often called blunt or rude. Yet its because I have this built in BS meter (not sure what else to call it). I do not listen to news casts. I sort of detest politics because it is a huge pitiful joke at this point. I watch no television at all really. I will watch a movie ever now and then, but usually go to sleep as soon as it starts. However, a true story like "A Beautiful Mind, or a movie like "Inception" or something like that can easily keep my attention.

I think ASD people may have to "act" at a certain level to be accepted at any level, but then we come here to write off that icky sick feeling to have to live like something we are not. So many people can just filter out the fakeness, the drama, the puke inducing greed, and the ignorance people call reality... Some even love getting into to all that stuff... and I see it as insane and sad at best, but to each his own. Without the contrast of stuff I dislike would I know what I like, who I am, how I think, etc. So, I do see it as beneficial in some freakish way if only as some form of a mental measurement of what I am.

I don't think many of us (ASD people) would fall into what I understand of the Mandella effect (which is false beliefs of things said to have happened). I think in pictures and the common thread of that narritive is based on things that can be compared to logic, hard data, and facts... So that leaves not much room for me to allow some contrived popular fad to rock my weird world very much. : )
I feel exactly the same on all points you mentioned and my feelings are strong on it.

Well, in a nutshell..... I think this world; is in a realm of a momentary defrag.operation that's a query for an old memory war. We are the living experience of that query.

But, if you think we were made in the image of.....
and we' re a reason for angels having wars about the meaning of our exists..... How does that differ from a nutshell query?
Because even if it is similar, there is some wisdom in that Book that has stood the test of 2000 years. Even if you don’t like everything in it there is plenty of good stuff in it. This other stuff has no wisdom for its basis. It’s just insane fluff. Some people take the Book in a logical way with the stories being allegorical truths that create harmony among mankind.

It is common in society at large according to Snopes.com. Like Berenstain bears is remembered as Berenstein bears simply because “stein” is more common in names not “stain”. So the brain substitutes what is the most logical fit when it is trying to retain information and file into memory. It isn’t now proven eye witnesses in court is not reliable. It is named Mandela affect because Mandella was in the news heavily in the 80’s for activism even while in prison. After that he was a little more forgotten about so people assume he died in the 80’s but he died in 2013. Common phenomena to all people.

New Threads

Top Bottom