• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

"Is Sheldon Autistic?" Article

I do not watch the show, because of the little bits of it that I have seen. I actually hope Sheldon is not "autistic" because he struck me as everything that is annoying to me about Hollywood portrayals of geeks/auties. When I mentioned that to someone who does watch the show, they said that the annoyance was intentional.

I couldn't help but watch some Big Bang Theory tonight on Boxing Day, with my sister about to leave tomorrow morning. While you might like the show or dislike it, Sheldon's character is compelling for me. And yes, I laughed a lot!

However, I find that an hour of a Big Bang marathon is plenty for me to help me deal with the stress of interacting with NT sisters during Christmas holidays and taking care of my 81-year old mom who has progressing dementia and balance problems.
It seemed a good break from the constant round of Benny Hill DVD's my mom enjoys watching four times a day.

I rarely watch Big Bang Theory except for very occasional short glimpses. Most of the TV I watch involves current events and nature programs.

I feel similar to Bellatrix above.

New Threads

Top Bottom