• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is It Normal To Get This Type of Urge?

Midna

If I go somewhere, like to someones house, a building or wherever and I see they use Internet Explorer, when no ones watching, I have a strong urge to install Firefox and all the cool add-ons I use and stuff.

I'm also apart of a site called Spread Firefox and if you have a membership there, you can get a URL with a tracking number that takes someone to the Firefox download page when, they click it. What that does does is when each person clicks the link and downloads Firefox (kinda of like referral points for some websites in a way), I get points and I can win stuff if I get enough points, So, I download Firefox via the link. I go to my blog because I have the link there and it's the first place I think of to go.

I try to install it as many computers as possible.

~Midna

I've done this with software before, dude didn't like it when I tried to modify his comp. It couldn't have been made easier, but the dude just doesn't have a great memory I guess. He was pissed. Oh well.

I really hate IE, but I never go to the extent of forcing firefox upon people. :p

lol, i have actually put firefox on peoples pcs without them knowing, its nicer than ie but now i use google chrome, i have found it to be much faster and also there are some very useful addons like one to remove the google adverts

I use Firefox on every OS except Mac OS(Safari :D).
I've installed it on a couple of people's PCs without their permission but I then uninstalled it when I was leaving. TBH, it saves time considering IE is laggy as hell, and it only takes 5 mins max. to install and uninstall FF, so if I'm there for over 20 mins it's probably profitable.
EMZ=]

I don't get why people hail Firefox as the only alternative to Internet Explorer. I don't really like Firefox but I think Opera is the best out of all of the browsers that i've tried. Chrome is also... meh.

Seriously, Mouse Gestures + Speed Dial + Voice Recognition (voice commands) + Turbo Boost + Wand + Widgets + Built-in BitTorrent = Win.

I am also pretty sure that Opera had most of it's features before everyone else decided to copy.
:D

Yeah, I don't have an urge to modify anyone's PC but if it's family then I will try speed it up for them.

New Threads

Top Bottom