• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is it just me (thats possible) or do a lot of people just seem???

It sounds like everyone is taking advantage of your kindness, eh? And you're getting rightfully frustrated by that...

BTW, I never understood why everyone thinks we don't feel. I FEEL EVERYTHING...why do they always say that? Honestly, I think we are all very sensitive people and just misunderstood...but I digress.

Re your problem, if it's your house, then SAY NO when they come over to crash. It's hard, but if you don't, you'll go crazy and it's NOT worth it. If, however, it isn't your house and this is your situation but have no control over it, then you MUST find your quiet space. MUST MUST MUST. Otherwise, this stuff will fester and life is too short to be controlled by others, esp. at the expense of YOU!

I think you just helped me out... I have never gotten over the discomfort or insecurity of all this stuff that is wrong with me... I’m a totally normal looking guy, so people don’t see anything physically wrong with me... so in my head I think I seem like some mental patient that is weak, but externally I have been taught (even forced) to not let it show...

I used to get the life beat out of me for letting it show, so now I don’t really know how to act when I’m upset other than just close off and hold it all in. I was never accepted for who I am, so I guess I just allow people to basically bull doze me to not cause any issues.

I think some of them know they are taking advantage and if they wouldn’t it would be great. I am trying so hard to not let my past rule my present. Sometimes it seems the harder I try the more intense some stuff I try not to even look back at - gets very much in the way and in my head.

In what some people saw as some twisted way of being right, they messed me up really bad and I have spent my whole life trying to be this person who is acceptable but never really just been me.

I want what you have going but don’t have a clue on how to get it without upsetting people or being seen as some weak being who can’t cope with LIFE - which is basically a truth I can’t face very well it seems sometimes.

I don’t have an understanding family... i’m Basically nothing like most of them (except for 1 cousin and my grams - who has passed on) .

Most all of my family are very outspoken people, some of them like to fight and will start fights...

I wish I could say I was proud of this part of my family... the Canadian side are very quiet and I want so much to be more with them. But when my mom took off, it caused some weird disconnect there that I have never understood, maybe they don’t either.

In my twisted head I see my present family as modern day Vikings. No offense to Vikings... they are just very rough people and then came Chance (and now Josh) and we just don’t fit in but yet we have too... it’s basically all we know as far as having a family.

Even myself and Josh aren’t super close but we do see that we are the 2 odd ducks, not that this is in any way comforting... geez I spill my guts on here too much

I don't get on with all of them either, so i focus on the ones i do, and am just polite to the others. I also like cooking, so for Christmas and Christmas Day, i offer to do the cooking.
When i cook i'm hyper organised. I set out the ingredients per dish, in order of timing when they are needed. So I'm happy, most people leave me alone, i have to go back and forth to the kitchen so i avoid long conversations and when people eat they don't talk :)

I also look normal. To make things worse i'm 6.6. When i was a kid i was really into swimming and basically looked like a 'jock', when i got older i looked like the 'successful' type so people never really got my behaviour. In a broader sense, not everyone was understanding when i told them initially. I dropped them, and went on with the people that did. I won't spend time with people that make me feel bad about myself. I have the right to be me, like everyone else i have strengths and failings, and people that can't accept me for who I am, can piss off :)

no it's not just you, they are.

I don't always succeed but I try to look for one good thing in each person and rather than see them as a group, look at them one by one. Of course the one good thing is sometimes that they will soon depart...

New Threads

Top Bottom