• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is it just me or......

flynn_gabriel

It could be just me but every time I post a post either on here or some of the other forums I post on they either get one or 2 responses or nothing at all. Its kind of discouraging. Makes me not really wanting to post anything. Just be a lurker.... so is it just me?

flynn_gabriel

What sort of response rate are you seeking?
Maybe the Chat Room would provide more back & forth responses,
if number of exchanges is what you are looking for.

Looks like you have posted less than 2 dozen times since registering
in January. You could increase your visibility by posting more often so
people become aware of you & your wish to engage with them.

There are plenty of reasons why a post doesn't get any responses or only a minimal amount.

Content might not be something regulars can identify with for one. Then there's that some posters post one thread and don't stick around much. On another forum someone referred to them as "one post wonders" or something along those lines. Being active and communicating in your threads is what keeps them going. And then there's the way someone presents a post, that might not be appealing. I mean; if I have to get through a wall of text with poor grammar for example, I don't even know if I'm going to make it to the end, let alone actually try to engage in dialogue, as it can be exhausting.

From personal experience; I've had my share of threads that gotten barely any responses. But I've posted enough here to be an active member, which makes people at least look at my posts (and that is, aside from being part of the forum staff here).

Also; keep in mind that with the crazy amount of posts being made here, some posts tend to get buried by others (especially if you keep track of the most recent posts, rather than browse every thread individually). That by itself might be because you end up in a timezone when barely someone is online (and thus, when others visit here, the flood the forum with their own posts) or that posts don't stand out enough to be noticeable; as much as I don't agree with that last sentiment (and perhaps, even less when talking to and about aspies); posts that don't stand out end up being one in so many others...

I have had that happen to me a lot. My energy levels fluctuate so that sometimes I am on here a lot reading and responding to posts, then I am not here for weeks or even months on end. Anyway, I feel your pain. It's hard for me to say why that happens; I think that King Oni said it quite well!

I'm not looking for a particular answer. Just something I've noticed in all the different forums I post in. I think there relevant and interesting but I'm probably bias. Its just frustrating.

It could be just me but every time I post a post either on here or some of the other forums I post on they either get one or 2 responses or nothing at all. Its kind of discouraging. Makes me not really wanting to post anything. Just be a lurker.... so is it just me?

May I ask why this matters? What is your motivation for posting? Are you venting? Are you asking for feedback? How much feedback would you consider to be sufficient? For me, it's always a matter of quality versus quantity. I'd much rather have 1-2 well thought out articulate responses than 75+ confused comments, some of which might have nothing to do with the original topic.

New Threads

Top Bottom