• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

IQ tests

I have had to take two IQ test. the first one was when I started going to school when I was 13 and I had to take it along with a bunch of other tests to determine placement because I had not been in school before, I scored a 140. the second time was the year I graduated, the school was losing funding so they made all the students take just about every test they could to get federal grant money, I scored 162 the second time. I personally feel that the test is redundant.

Many people have I believe. Yet traditional IQ tests are designed for general knowledge and not for Aspies as rule. Unless of course, science or maths are their special interests. Personally have done badly on IQ tests that focus on algebra, calculus and trigonometry. Yet do well on other aspects of IQ tests.

I tnink they did tests hears ago to show that, as big bill broonzy said 'if you're white its all right'

Ie there was a subconscious (lets be kind) racist bias to the tests. Meaning, i guess, that there was also a social bias within how the questions were framed. Likely a negative for autistic and other non dominant members of society.

I sometimes think about this sort of stuff when I'm watching jeopardy.

Ps. I think the big bill broonzy song is where mccartney got his get back song from. And you did hear it here first.

It's not necessary for any reason. I took an IQ test as part of my assessment for ASD, even though I was depressed at the time and IQ tests are notoriously unreliable in depressed subjects and in people on the spectrum. According to that test, my IQ was average. My psychologist told me that I should be glad I got into university in the first place and should just apply for disability and stop trying. I vehemently disagreed with her, got my life back on track, got back into med school and now I'm a doctor.

Ps. I think the big bill broonzy song is where mccartney got his get back song from. And you did hear it here first

'Get back to where you once belonged' and 'Get back' are not the same at all musically, yet McCartney created a nonsense pop song, few of his songs seemed to have much more than a hook in them, unless Lennon was involved. It's credited to the Beatles and Billy Preston. Broonzy's spoke of his reality, and his life, although many were recycled, lots of early blues, seemed to have been traded around, and the words changed. Still a heck of a lot better that came later.

'Get back to where you once belonged' and 'Get back' are not the same at all musically, yet McCartney created a nonsense pop song, few of his songs seemed to have much more than a hook in them, unless Lennon was involved. It's credited to the Beatles and Billy Preston. Broonzy's spoke of his reality, and his life, although many were recycled, lots of early blues, seemed to have been traded around, and the words changed. Still a heck of a lot better that came later.

The original get back was about immigration and has the same spirit of the broonzy song imo.
Ie if youre white its all right, if youre brown stick around, if youre black.... get back get back get back.
Its just written from the opposing person ie the racist in this case.... 'get back to where you once belong
See 'dont dig no pakistanis'
But how a song starts is not often how it ends.

The only relevant fact I can think of where IQ really matters is that IQs above 120 are negatively correlated with financial success, life satisfaction, mental and physical health, and pretty much everything "sugar spice and everything nice" about life. Hmm.
Here's something I've found: the smarter one is, the more they are surrounded by idiots (or at least people who aren't as smart, but it doesn't have the same ring to it).

I had to take one in school as part of an assessment to figure out if I should skip a grade or not.
I took another one in my early 20s, but I'm sure if I were to take it now, I'd score lower because of the impact of depression on focus, memory and, to some extent, logic.
But until tests that take account various autistic profiles are designed, I'll just put IQ tests in the "bull" category.

I've never taken an IQ test, but I would be interested to know what my score would be. I just refuse to pay for one lol.

I've never taken an IQ test, but I would be interested to know what my score would be. I just refuse to pay for one lol.

Here ya go...though it's an abbreviated test compared to the real deal IMO. At least it might give you an idea of where you stand. My score wasn't too far off from when I took the real thing many years ago in a job counseling program.

What's Your IQ? (Free-IQTest)

Of course to me an IQ score is about as negotiable as Confederate War Bonds. :p

Except perhaps to one's therapist...:eek:

Last edited:
Here ya go...though it's an abbreviated test compared to the real deal IMO. At least it might give you an idea of where you stand. My score wasn't too far off from when I took the real thing many years ago in a job counseling program.

What's Your IQ? (Free-IQTest)

Of course to me an IQ score is about as negotiable as Confederate War Bonds. :p

Except perhaps to one's therapist...:eek:
Ah, thank you Judge!

New Threads

Top Bottom