• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

iPhone or Android?

how long has it been since release day?

I'd think it's inherently foolish for anyone to put such a thing in their back pocket whether they have a way of carrying it or not.

But that does make me wonder if third-party accessory manufacturers get any lead time on such a thing, subject to terms of contractual agreements, NDAs, etc..

I have always had leather holsters and my s5 has had one within a week of getting it...there were also tons of ballistic nylon ones,but they get dirty too fast in my filthy lifestyle...my main problem I had in finding one for my android was the huge battery (4 times the milliamp hours of the factory battery)that I put on it that would jumpstart a big truck...I believe the apple has a internal non-servicable battery and no option for hardcore users like me...:D

Interesting to see AAPL drop three percent in their stock value over the recent iOS8 update that was rescinded. Rock and roll...nature of the beast though.

Interesting to see AAPL drop three percent in their stock value over the recent iOS8 update that was rescinded. Rock and roll...nature of the beast though.
I would never know if you didn't write here since I don't watch the news.
Tonight NBC showed how easily they can bend from being in one's back pocket. Ouch.

Amid iOS 8 woes, Apple's iPhone 6 Plus shown it could bend in pockets - NY Daily News
I decided to watch the bend test of the iPhone 6 Plus and see how bad it is. Then I see them do the Galaxy Note 3 which I own and it holds up much better. Apple keep putting down Samsung using plastic. Well their metal didn't hold up with this new product. But at the end, Apple should have done more testing with their design.

I read the post at MacRumours. Anyways regardless on the type of phone, it stupid to have a phone in a back pocket and sit on it.
Apparently it's so bendy if you wear "skinny jeans" you don't even want to put your new iPhone in your front pocket! :-(

Thanks for the News :)

Today Apple's stock bounced back gaining 2.94%. Go figure. Like I said, "nature of the beast". I don't own any Apple products at the moment, but I'm still prospecting their stock. But it's pricier than I like.

Whatever one thinks of their products, they're one solvent organization.

Today Apple's stock bounced back gaining 2.94%. Go figure. Like I said, "nature of the beast". I don't own any Apple products at the moment, but I'm still prospecting their stock. But it's pricier than I like.
As much as I don't like Apple, I need to buy their products soon for the business program so I can make higher profits making software. So they only good with Apple for me I can make money. But I still don't care about their products.

As much as I don't like Apple, I need to buy their products soon for the business program so I can make higher profits making software. So they only good with Apple for me I can make money. But I still don't care about their products.

I love their desktop computing hardware and operating system. Don't actually own them though. But the rest....I don't really care about.

I don't own any handheld devices. Just a wireless phone using cable internet.

If I was going to buy such a product I'd be hard-pressed not to buy a Galaxy. Even if I did hold stock in Apple!

Last edited:
Not really an Apple fan boy myself, but I really gotta give them cred for my ipod nano. Apparently the first generation nano had issues with the battery and they had a recall. I had one of these, sent it in a few months ago and got a brand new seventh generation nano! From 1gb to 16gb, no questions asked. The original nano was around 10 years old, that's really doing right by the customer.

Android. For me, the Iphone is way too expensive and I hate how Apple as a company are so closed. You have to use their apps and they want to limit your choices.

I switched cause im a personalization freak.... Hence my phone dashboard. =]

Attachments

• 1413208247352.jpg
    1413208247352.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 202
I'm heavily into learning foreign languages, and I want a smartphone so that I can drill vocabulary anywhere. I will most likely not use the phone for anything else, not even calls or texts, except maybe some language apps. Which would you recommend?

If you aren't going to use it for phone calls, you could get one of the non-phone ipod-like things. Samsung makes a couple that are just like a Galaxy phone but without the phone. They run Android apps.

This is the flashcard program I like. It's free and open-source, so you can write your own plugins. It also syncs your flashcards between all your devices.
Here's the link: Anki - powerful, intelligent flashcards

This is the flashcard program I like. It's free and open-source, so you can write your own plugins. It also syncs your flashcards between all your devices.
Here's the link: Anki - powerful, intelligent flashcards

I've downloaded the Android version of the Anki app to my phone, but as it doesn't come with any instructions I'm unsure what to do with it.

For the record, my phone is a Fairphone 2, my first ever smartphone, which I bought for its ethical credentials: it's made of conflict-free metals and designed to be totally repairable and recyclable.

iphones are the best for autism/AAC free and paid apps like proloquo2go, it annoys me that they never made a version of proloquo2go for android,ages ago i bought a £20 EE rook smart phone for the purpose of being an AAC aid and most of the apps i found were crap so i just relie on my unreliable verbal communication, the phone itself isnt actually bad so was a good buy for the price.
i think iphones are locked down to much,you can do much more with a android,however i do want to get a second hand iphone so i can buy proloquo2go.

I've had 2 Iphones, 3G and 5C, and I like being able to download tunes and videos from Itunes, but as an OS, I prefer Android.

I have an IPhone 5 - I used to have an Android. I switched because it seemed that everyone at school had an IPhone and they thought it was just the neatest thing. The big thing (and probably only thing) I absolutely hate about my IPhone is the keyboard. It sucks! It's small (I have small hands too) and it HAS NO SWYPE!!! I can't tell you how much that bothers me - to the point where I will probably not get another IPhone. I used to whiz through text and typing with SWYPE and now it's an absolute mess! And you know what's really funny is I read somewhere on line that the person who invented SWYPE actually had some part in the making of the iPhone, but I guess Apple didn't sign on for it - only Android. I also had some really cool moving screen apps on my Android that the IPhone just doesn't have. I think everyone gets the iPhone for the name really. I'm not that impressed by it.
Peer pressure sucks when you're an aspie. Luckily, I saw through it and just got an Android phone.

New Threads

Top Bottom