• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

iOS Users Are Now Unable to Access NSFW Discord Servers

Joshua the Writer

Very Nerdy Guy, Any Pronouns
V.I.P Member
So, I learned from Twitter that Discord is now banning users from accessing NSFW servers. This is likely due to pressure from Apple themselves, because Discord would ban NSFW content on all platforms if they wanted to otherwise.

According to various iOS Discord users, they have shared this screenshot on Twitter and other social sites:
20210414_180507.jpg

Good thing I both use Android, and the server that is the closest to an NSFW server is a nudism server that actually requires users to be 18+ in order to send nudist pictures in a private channel inaccessible to minors.

Discord has not yet confirmed if they'll be blocking NSFW channels, yet, however.

This change basically forces users to switch to using the browser or app version of Discord on Desktop if they want to access all of their content.

I also feel bad if an owner of an NSFW did not have a desktop or laptop, but only an iOS device, so they can no longer access the server that they own and need to moderate.

This is basically Apple forcing their business onto others. They have done this to other platforms, as well. Apple just can't admit that the internet doesn't have to be squeaky clean and kid friendly. The only rules that should apply in a Discord server is Discord's TOS and whatever rules the server admins have set up.

Trust me. I'm a Discord server owner, and I'm an admin in a few other servers. While no server I'm in is NSFW, I still feel bad for admins and owners of NSFW servers to suddenly have half their communities gone.

So, I learned from Twitter that Discord is now banning users from accessing NSFW servers. This is likely due to pressure from Apple themselves, because Discord would ban NSFW content on all platforms if they wanted to otherwise.

According to various iOS Discord users, they have shared this screenshot on Twitter and other social sites:View attachment 67001

Good thing I both use Android, and the server that is the closest to an NSFW server is a nudism server that actually requires users to be 18+ in order to send nudist pictures in a private channel inaccessible to minors.

Discord has not yet confirmed if they'll be blocking NSFW channels, yet, however.

This change basically forces users to switch to using the browser or app version of Discord on Desktop if they want to access all of their content.

I also feel bad if an owner of an NSFW did not have a desktop or laptop, but only an iOS device, so they can no longer access the server that they own and need to moderate.

This is basically Apple forcing their business onto others. They have done this to other platforms, as well. Apple just can't admit that the internet doesn't have to be squeaky clean and kid friendly. The only rules that should apply in a Discord server is Discord's TOS and whatever rules the server admins have set up.

Trust me. I'm a Discord server owner, and I'm an admin in a few other servers. While no server I'm in is NSFW, I still feel bad for admins and owners of NSFW servers to suddenly have half their communities gone.
How the %$#@! do they get to define what NSFW is? That might knock out both my blogs.

It is also the note that Discord has been a hub for marginalized people such as lgbtq+, sex workers, and several others. Unsurprisingly, there are NSFW servers dedicated to these communities.

According from what I read on Twitter, the most notable community effected is the server for r/yiff.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom