• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Invalidated

I am even surprised that I got my official diagnosis, that is how dismissive those who are supposed to know, were with me and I can understand how utterly frustrated you are feeling.

One person said to me: it is a shame that those on the spectrum are not allowed to diagnose, since they know more about being on the spectrum, than those supposed experts, due to obsessing over it.

It is worth trying again, with a different therapist. My psychiatrist even asked why on earth do I want to pursu it? That threw me off a little, but in fact, I had braced myself for years, so I just said: why can't I and amazingly, my husband continued, to the extent that the therapist, phoned someone and I got an appointment, but even then, in my medical notes, it is not mentioned. Just that I see a psychiatrsit for some unknown reason and therefore, when we do go back, we are going to question why my diagnosis is not recorded and why have they not put ptsd and social anxiety down?

Anxiety, I think anxiety is just a symptom of something eg. trauma, stress, autism, OCD, ADHD, and anxiety disorder is only used when the doctor can't find a reason for why you have it. Also I think the diagnoses is made for the sake of insurance so they will prescribe them to you and you will take them. It's also for so the therapist can bill your insurance for your sessions.

New Threads

Top Bottom