• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Introduction thread :3

DragonKing15

Lover of Snakes and Cuddles
Hello! I'm self-diagnosed with autism. I wanted to join here to have a way to ask questions to people that can relate to me in ways that many people in my life don't. I'm a young adult and still in school. It takes so many spoons. I'm dating a guy that is non-autistic and communication gets a little hard sometimes, but he's amazing and tries to understand me. Life is pretty good, I'm just still on that journey to understand the world and, more importantly, myself.

P.S. I love making friends! I will talk your ear off about reptiles :D

1677283285527.png

Welcome! I agree that sometimes we don't have so many spoons. That's why I have a collection of actual spoons, so if I ever run out of the figurative type, I still have lots of real ones. :)

Welcome! I agree that sometimes we don't have so many spoons. That's why I have a collection of actual spoons, so if I ever run out of the figurative type, I still have lots of real ones. :)
I like having lots of spoons too, but it's hard to find small ones. Most are too big. Forks too.

Hello! I'm self-diagnosed with autism. I wanted to join here to have a way to ask questions to people that can relate to me in ways that many people in my life don't. I'm a young adult and still in school. It takes so many spoons. I'm dating a guy that is non-autistic and communication gets a little hard sometimes, but he's amazing and tries to understand me. Life is pretty good, I'm just still on that journey to understand the world and, more importantly, myself.

Aww... you actually seem pretty similar to me because I'm nearly 18 as well, I'm a girl, and I have dated a few guys before :3 Pretty sure quite a few of them were non-auties as well. It's lovely to meet you!

It’s nice to meet you! I hope you have a fun time here and are able to make new friends. There is a lot of nice people here who are willing to help with any questions you have. It’s great to get clarity on questions to learn something new about yourself. What is your favorite reptile?

It’s nice to meet you! I hope you have a fun time here and are able to make new friends. There is a lot of nice people here who are willing to help with any questions you have. It’s great to get clarity on questions to learn something new about yourself. What is your favorite reptile?
Ohhhh you're gonna get me started XD. Snakes. My favourite animal in general actually! I have a cali king named Azurite(cuz I really like rocks), but we call him Azzy.

Aww... you actually seem pretty similar to me because I'm nearly 18 as well, I'm a girl, and I have dated a few guys before :3 Pretty sure quite a few of them were non-auties as well. It's lovely to meet you!
I'm actually transmasc/nonbinary! My boyfriend is new to having lgbt+ friends, so dating me was a whole experience for him XD. He's learning a lot about my autism and also learning about the pov of someone in the lgbt+ community. Bonus, he plays minecraft.

Hello and thanks for joining! I'm glad that you're comfortable joining this forum. I'm glad too that you've got someone you love who is supportive of you! I too can relate to things which take away your spoons.

Ohhhh you're gonna get me started XD. Snakes. My favourite animal in general actually! I have a cali king named Azurite(cuz I really like rocks), but we call him Azzy.
Welcome! It's great to have you, and I hope you stick around and get some use out of the forum. I totally agree on reptiles, and especially snakes. They are really awesome, and if I ever got a pet, I would most like it to be a snake (though preferably a small one). It's too cold where I live for reptiles to survive, but I went to Spain a couple of months ago, and visited a snake breeder. I got to hold two adult snakes, and then one tiny one which was about the width of a pencil. It was really cute, and I honestly could have sat there for hours with the tiny snake wrapping around my hand.

I'm receptive to all your neat snake facts as someone not very knowledgeable about the subject, so bring it on!

Welcome! It's great to have you, and I hope you stick around and get some use out of the forum. I totally agree on reptiles, and especially snakes. They are really awesome, and if I ever got a pet, I would most like it to be a snake (though preferably a small one). It's too cold where I live for reptiles to survive, but I went to Spain a couple of months ago, and visited a snake breeder. I got to hold two adult snakes, and then one tiny one which was about the width of a pencil. It was really cute, and I honestly could have sat there for hours with the tiny snake wrapping around my hand.

I'm receptive to all your neat snake facts as someone not very knowledgeable about the subject, so bring it on!
Snakes are actually pretty cool and yes, what Stutter said :) *hssss, snake noise hssss* I also quite like the hissing sound they make as long as it's not scary ^_^

Eee! If you want a small snake, try a hognose! Tip, male snakes are usually smaller than female snakes. I suggest watching Snake Discovery on youtube cuz they have sooo many resources. It doesn't matter the temp outside if you have what you need to keep a reptile warm. Some like to bask under a heat lamp while others burrow and would thrive with a heat pad. I like to say you can tell if a snake is venomous (some snakes), cuz vipers have triangle heads and rough-looking scales. Mostly triangle heads. And all pythons are non-venomous! Snakes in the family of corn snakes or kingsnakes (I forget how to spell it..), can vary in venom, but most are non-venomous. Garter snakes can have a mild venom, but not enough to give you much more than a rash. Garter snakes are also my favourite snakes cuz they have a wide diet and give live birth. Most snakes lay eggs! (Reptile eggs are softer than bird eggs!) Snakes are also pretty low-maintenance. They don't need fed daily. Closer to weekly depending on it's size. They aren't loud, they don't leave a huge mess, and they're cool to watch. Like fish tanks!

Eee! If you want a small snake, try a hognose! Tip, male snakes are usually smaller than female snakes. I suggest watching Snake Discovery on youtube cuz they have sooo many resources. It doesn't matter the temp outside if you have what you need to keep a reptile warm. Some like to bask under a heat lamp while others burrow and would thrive with a heat pad. I like to say you can tell if a snake is venomous (some snakes), cuz vipers have triangle heads and rough-looking scales. Mostly triangle heads. And all pythons are non-venomous! Snakes in the family of corn snakes or kingsnakes (I forget how to spell it..), can vary in venom, but most are non-venomous. Garter snakes can have a mild venom, but not enough to give you much more than a rash. Garter snakes are also my favourite snakes cuz they have a wide diet and give live birth. Most snakes lay eggs! (Reptile eggs are softer than bird eggs!) Snakes are also pretty low-maintenance. They don't need fed daily. Closer to weekly depending on it's size. They aren't loud, they don't leave a huge mess, and they're cool to watch. Like fish tanks!
Thank you! That's all super interesting! You clearly know a lot about the subject. I know that the heating isn't technically much of a problem, but keeping reptiles as pets is also illegal in my country. I don't want to break the law, especially as I don't live by myself, and even if I was fine with it, I don't know where to look on the black market.

It's nice to know that most snakes are low maintenance. That's what I gathered, but I still wasn't sure. Here is a picture of the baby snake I got to hold.

IMG_20221211_155001.jpg

Okay, big confession, l can panic a bit with snakes however that cute baby snake looks quite adorable

Welcome

Hello and welcome! Cool that you like snakes. They are a fascinating creature! So many different types, too. Glad to have you here.

Thank you! That's all super interesting! You clearly know a lot about the subject. I know that the heating isn't technically much of a problem, but keeping reptiles as pets is also illegal in my country. I don't want to break the law, especially as I don't live by myself, and even if I was fine with it, I don't know where to look on the black market.

It's nice to know that most snakes are low maintenance. That's what I gathered, but I still wasn't sure. Here is a picture of the baby snake I got to hold.

View attachment 98366
That looks like a corn snake! :3
It also looks a little skinnier than it should be :(
I definitely know a lot about snakes in general, but I don't remember the specific needs of individual species. Some need more humidity or should have different bedding, things like that. I'm sorry reptiles are illegal there :(. That sucks big time. Reptiles are amazing pets.

New Threads

Top Bottom