• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Introducing Me

Welcome Emma, you seem to be a very good communicator - clear and concise. You joined a good forum. There is a lot to learn and share here.

Hello, Emma! I’m so glad that you found this forum, and thank you for your lovely introduction. I tend to overshare, too, which I feel like is fairly common on the spectrum. I hope that even though you can’t pursue a diagnoses right now, (and you don’t have to later unless you still want to, there are pros and cons) that being a part of this community helps and inspires you. Welcome!

Welcome, @Emma03! :)
I love to read, it is a great escape from things, and helps me calm down if I’m stressed, sad, angry, etc.
I like reading as an escape, too.
I have always been different than everyone around me, I was actually held back for an extra year of pre-school because of my issues with social development and hand-eye coordination. I didn’t know of autism until I was about 11. Even then, I knew next to nothing.
I started school a year later than usual for similar reasons.
I didn't know much about autism until I was about 16 though.
Since then, I have researched it quite a bit. I find many familiar things, and some stories that make me feel like less of an outcast.
Once I had learned about autism I started to research it a lot as well and experienced (and still experience) this, too.

New Threads

Top Bottom