• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Intellectual people and ASD

It is said that people with ASD are really good at something. Why would ASD make us extremely good at something?
I have heard that it is mostly something "intelectual" that we are supposed to be good at if we have diagnosis such as ASD level 1 or AS. What is this supposed to mean? They say that we do physical stuff in an intelectual way? Well, maybe not always but I am talking about doing tasks. Are we good at being intellectuall (which is not the same as academic of course)?
I am confused! So all the physical tasks we do ate intelectual tasks for us?
Even showing emotions is an intellectual task for us? Perhaps not extreme emotions as it will just come out anyway and in a non-social accepted way, I guess.
I don't remember exactly who said it but I have heard a lot about it and it seems true. People missunderstand me a lot because of this.

I have thought about this. And i feel that, people with ASD develop special skills / interests, as we are often 'loners'. we have all the free time in the world, to find an interest, and then become really good at that interest.

New Threads

Top Bottom