• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Initial assessment has caused lot of sadness/anxiety

I have now received my report. It's very strange to read about yourself, your presentation etc from someone else's viewpoint.

I'm not sure at all what I feel, but it hasn't brought about the horrible feelings that came after the appointment.

The scores for the AAA were all above the cut off points & observations from the appointment & additional questioning/history indicated ASD.

Gingerlass, remember, you are as talented, sweet, intelligent, funny, and insightful as you always were.

Each of us has been through this initial pain of realization. I recall grief and horror. The processes is a transition through acceptance, to a positive place of being happy with your ASD. You eventually get to a bunch of "Ah-Ha!" moments where your awesomeness gets credited to your ASD. Really. Many of us come to realize that we likely would not be this wonderfully honest, loyal, detail-oriented, or talented within our special interests without our groovy neurology.
We're epically cool. :tropicalfish::tropicalfish::tropicalfish:

The scary stuff? The deficits and yuck? Yeah, we've got 'em. But, now you have a diagnosis. With a diagnosis, we can be supported to reach our best potential.

Please keep this in mind: You are in the springtime of the second part of your life. Now, you can learn to support your challenges. It's only gonna get better from here.

For now, travel through your pain at your own pace. Soon enough, your psyche and spirit will return you to balance. We are here for you. It gets sunnier soon! :sunflower: Just remember to breathe.

Last edited:
Gingerlass, remember, you are as talented, sweet, intelligent, funny, and insightful as you always were.

Each of us has been through this initial pain of realization. I recall grief and horror. The processes is a transition through acceptance, to a positive place of being happy with your ASD. You eventually get to a bunch of "Ah-Ha!" moments where your awesomeness gets credited to your ASD. Really. Many of us come to realize that we likely would not be this wonderfully honest, loyal, detail-oriented, or talented within our special interests without our groovy neurology.
We're epically cool. :tropicalfish::tropicalfish::tropicalfish:

The scary stuff? The deficits and yuck? Yeah, we've got 'em. But, now you have a diagnosis. With a diagnosis, we can be supported to reach our best potential.

Please keep this in mind: You are in the springtime of the second part of your life. Now, you can learn to support your challenges. It's only gonna get better from here.

For now, travel through your pain at your own pace. Soon enough, your psyche and spirit will return you to balance. We are here for you. It gets sunnier soon! :sunflower: Just remember to breathe.
Thank you for such a lovely message Warmheart. It seems your username suits you well.

New Threads

Top Bottom