• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

Nicholas Wedemeyer

Hi Everyone,

On July 1st 2023, I watched the new Indiana Jones film called Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny! The new Indiana Jones film was very good! I watched it at Siam Paragon!

Have you ever seen Indiana Jones films before?

I love all the Indy movies!

My favorite one is The Last Crusade. It's intelligent fun.

I didn't care for The Crystal Skull. It was not as exciting as the others.

I didn't know that there was a new Indy movie.

You say it was a really good one? Would you please give us a brief plot summary?

I love all the Indy movies!

My favorite one is The Last Crusade. It's intelligent fun.

I didn't care for The Crystal Skull. It was not as exciting as the others.

I didn't know that there was a new Indy movie.

You say it was a really good one? Would you please give us a brief plot summary?
Yes, it is a good Indiana Jones film! That film Harrison Ford was 80 at that time! You should go watch it!

I've only even seen Last Crusade before because I had to watch it at school (the rest of the films are on my "to watch" list) but the general consensus I get is that the first three films are very good (I did enjoy the third film), while the fourth film not so much.

As for the fifth film, the trailer and clips I've seen don't excite me - both because Lucasfilm films/shows generally have not won me over (especially the god-awful Willow TV series that got cancelled and pulled off Disney+) and as Phoebe Waller-Bridge hasn't won me over with her roles in other films (her annoying performance as the droid fighting for "equal rights" in Solo: A Star Wars Story and the fact that it was her who wrote in No Time To Die that James Bond should be killed didn't help in that regard), while a critic review I saw by the BBC didn't improve that, especially with this line from said review:

I'm not sure how many fans want to see Indiana Jones as a broken, helpless old man who cowers in the corner while his patronising goddaughter takes the lead, but that's what we're given, and it's as bleak as it sounds.

I might watch it one day. When it is free to watch for me. Like others I do not care much when an amazing male lead character is portrayed as old and done and has to be protected by a young woman who on top of that is usually better than how good the original male lead was.
Before I get destroyed. I do not dislike female leads. I think No time to Die has done the above concept in a way that works very well. In that movie everyone thought James was done. While he wasn`t. They were on par with eachother. Both had their qualities. Both were amazing spies in their own right. He because he broke the rules. She because she knew how to follow them. Both got the job done. But in their own way. That is how you can portray both leads very well. Both are equally good, but have their own skillset to accomplish this. More modern movies should take this approach.

I might watch it one day. When it is free to watch for me. Like others I do not care much when an amazing male lead character is portrayed as old and done and has to be protected by a young woman who on top of that is usually better than how good the original male lead was.
Before I get destroyed. I do not dislike female leads. I think No time to Die has done the above concept in a way that works very well. In that movie everyone thought James was done. While he wasn`t. They were on par with eachother. Both had their qualities. Both were amazing spies in their own right. He because he broke the rules. She because she knew how to follow them. Both got the job done. But in their own way. That is how you can portray both leads very well. Both are equally good, but have their own skillset to accomplish this. More modern movies should take this approach.

Agreed.

Also, I recently saw this article title (and similar) regarding what Phoebe Waller-Bridge's character does at a certain point in the film - which I think will agitate a lot of Indiana Jones fans who don't agree with her sentiments:

Bounding Into Comics.png

Interestingly, I've seen one YouTuber give his ideas on how he would have handled the fifth Indiana Jones film if he had been the one in charge of making it; rewriting the story while leaving the story open for potential future sequels...and for what it's worth, it's actually pretty good in my opinion.
There's a few bits and pieces I would add, but for something he apparently came up with in an hour or so, it's a solid effort and something I'd be excited to watch.

Have a listen and see what you think, although be aware that there will be some spoilers regarding the official film that got released recently:

New Threads

Top Bottom