• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Incessant worrying about stuff that does not matter

I worry over everything.

I worry if I don't get a reply to a message within about 20 mins that that person doesn't want to talk to me... then I worry that actually something might have happened for them to not reply.

I worry if I don't text somebody everyday they will think I don't like them anymore.

Everything is always considered the worst case scenario. I always, always think the worst and can't shake that until said scenario has played out ok.

I worry that someone has gotten into the house at night, even though I have a dog that barks at everything and I know I've locked all the doors and windows.

I worry that a fire has broken out in the house, even though the alarms haven't gone off and I can't smell smoke.

I worry about being late for things and irritating whoever it is I'm having an appt/meeting with.

I pretty much wake up, worry then fall asleep, every single day.. Its exhausting!

This is probably the number one thing about me that my husband finds most frustrating and difficult.

When he goes off over night or for a few days, the worry eats me up. I'm convinced that something awful has happened and I actually start worrying about his funeral, the kids, and all the stuff I have to take care of either. It's ridiculous. Through some CBT therapy, I've been able to curb some of it, but sometimes I can't help it.

A psychiatrist told me I catastrophize. I'm a pretty black and white thinker. It's either going to go great, or it's going to be horrible!

If my partner isn't home at the time I expect him to be, my first thought is always that he's hurt, or dead. Its ridiculous, but I can't stop the thought.

I also worry about when I die. I'm sometimes afraid to go to sleep, incase I die when I'm sleeping. Most days my partner leaves the house before I get up, so if he just assumed I was sleeping and went to work it would be left to my young children to find me, scares the crap out of me that thought :(

There's times I force myself to stay awake through the fear I'll have a nightmare. My nightmare are very very vivid... to the point that sometimes, while I'm awake, I suddenly feel as if I'm having a nightmare and have to go through a ritual to prove to myself I'm awake.

That involves me firstly making sure I can hear myself... In my dreams, If I scream I can't hear anything so if I can make noise then I know I'm awake. I also make sure I can feel pain, as again when I'm dreaming I can't actually feel pain.

I have developed a method of waking myself when I know I'm dreaming - I scream and kick in my dream (the scream is silent and I'm paralysed in the dream), but in rl my legs thrash and I make noises and it either wakes me or it wakes my partner and he'll wake me.

EDIT to add - sorry I went off on a bit of a tangent there!

I pretty much wake up, worry then fall asleep, every single day.. Its exhausting!

When you wake up, is it a gradual process that your concerns of the day slowly begin to fill your mind, or does it come on like dam breaking with flood waters pouring out?

When you wake up, is it a gradual process that your concerns of the day slowly begin to fill your mind, or does it come on like dam breaking with flood waters pouring out?

Usually I wake up and immediately feel anxious - about having to deal with the kids, taking them to school, getting my housework done, if/when I need to go anywhere, if theres been something on my mind thats unresolved thats there straight away too... Other things crop up in and out throughout the day, usually suddenly.

Nothing ever seems to be gradual, always comes on instantaneously... the severity of the anxiety/worry depends on mood

Usually I wake up and immediately feel anxious - about having to deal with the kids, taking them to school, getting my housework done, if/when I need to go anywhere, if theres been something on my mind thats unresolved thats there straight away too... Other things crop up in and out throughout the day, usually suddenly.

Nothing ever seems to be gradual, always comes on instantaneously... the severity of the anxiety/worry depends on mood

Just wondering. When I wake up even when I really don't want to it's always the same. Like flood of information crashing through. Usually whatever I'm most worried about, along with whatever music just won't leave my head.

So much like this morning, I end up getting up earlier than I want. Just too many things to be concerned over I suppose. But for me it never ends.

New Threads

Top Bottom