• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Incessant worrying about stuff that does not matter

Violette88

I was really upset about something that happened with my friend and I was yelling about it and I called them some horrible names. I have never been so horrible about them or any of my other friends before so it was quite out of character. The door was shut to the room and they had absolutely no reason to be outside the door, it was in a different building to where they would normally be on that day and at that time. I always worry that people would have heard what I said but its so unlikely, how do I get over this? its becoming an obsession.
One would think I would worry about important things like exams but i always get caught up in this type of stuff.

i had that same problem, but then solved it by being more careful about what i say, just in case that happens.

all you need to do is to be more careful of what you say.

We're always wrapped up in intense thoughts.

For me I especially have a penchant for contemplating the "worst case scenarios". Then again that may be more relative to my OCD. Thinking about dire consequences over the most benign things. I often try to fight the impulse of thinking of such things, but it's pretty difficult to put them out of my head. :rolleyes:

We're always wrapped up in intense thoughts.

For me I especially have a penchant for contemplating the "worst case scenarios". Then again that may be more relative to my OCD. Thinking about dire consequences over the most benign things. I often try to fight the impulse of thinking of such things, but it's pretty difficult to put them out of my head. :rolleyes:
My mind always seems to go straight to the "worst case scenarios" in any given circumstances. "What if........?" and "I should've done it that way instead of this way"; should've, would've, could've thoughts just breed more regret and regret does nothing but steal our peace. Easier said than done, I admit.

My mind always seems to go straight to the "worst case scenarios" in any given circumstances. "What if........?" and "I should've done it that way instead of this way"; should've, would've, could've thoughts just breed more regret and regret does nothing but steal our peace. Easier said than done, I admit.

That's what makes my OCD so disturbing to me. I can be quite aware of it, just unable to effectively ignore it.

It's a neurological struggle whenever I attempt to rationalize that my own brain is attempting to bullsh*t me. It might sound funny the way I put it, but there's really nothing funny about OCD at all IMO.

That's what makes my OCD so disturbing to me. I can be quite aware of it, just unable to effectively ignore it.

It's a neurological struggle whenever I attempt to rationalize that my own brain is attempting to bullsh*t me. It might sound funny the way I put it, but there's really nothing funny about OCD at all IMO.
I was about to give you the "funny" rating because my brain not only attempts to bullsh*t me, it succeeds alot of the time so I understand. Nothing funny about OCD or PTSD.

I was about to give you the "funny" rating because my brain not only attempts to bullsh*t me, it succeeds alot of the time so I understand. Nothing funny about OCD or PTSD.

Autism can sometimes be a burden for me. But never when I'm alone, not having to interact with another human being. OCD on the other hand is something that is with me constantly. I can mask it sufficiently to keep others from really seeing how it effects me, but there's little consolation in that. Especially when I'm all by myself and it gets the best of me at times.

Autism can sometimes be a burden for me. But never when I'm alone, not having to interact with another human being. OCD on the other hand is something that is with me constantly. I can mask it sufficiently to keep others from really seeing how it effects me, but there's little consolation in that. Especially when I'm all by myself and it gets the best of me at times.
I'm sorry. I really am. I understand having to endure things like these alone. Although, I'm not physically alone, I am very much alone in my PTSD and AS as nobody around me seems to give a sh*t. Aspergers and OCD aren't easily dealt with IMO.

I'm sorry. I really am. I understand having to endure things like these alone. Although, I'm not physically alone, I am very much alone in my PTSD and AS as nobody around me seems to give a sh*t. Aspergers and OCD aren't easily dealt with IMO.

Yes indeed. It's a very "private hell" for me. Each night I have to check the lock on the front door. Over and over and over...even when I know I already checked it. It can be like a form of insanity at times...yet I have great difficulty trying to break the pattern.

Yeah like something bad will happen to say your family if you don't check it again and again. (That's just a random example/thought)

Yes indeed. It's a very "private hell" for me. Each night I have to check the lock on the front door. Over and over and over...even when I know I already checked it. It can be like a form of insanity at times...yet I have great difficulty trying to break the pattern.
Ditto, when my bf goes out of town, I check all the windows and door twice to make sure they're all locked. I also check closets to make sure no one is hiding in there. I count and double count how much cash I have in my wallet. I have a set-in-stone morning routine that if it gets interrupted, I lose it and am in a bad mood the rest of the day. I can't just jump back into it, I have to start all over again the next morning.

I have slight OCD. When reading comments, and then scroll down to read more, I have to go back to the last comment I just read a few more times. It happens on YouTube more than other sites. I need to pause the video as the music distracts me if there's words on the screen. I check if there was a comma in the right place or not and if I forget I'll have to check again...Not that I'm a grammar natzi, but a sense of control or something makes me feel better or I'll feel rigid. It only happens if I feel stressed or upset about other stuff in my life that's unrelated.

With me I always over-worry about these things, and if somebody doesn't reply right away or something I worry they are ignoring me because of something I have done, when most times they are not ignoring me and if they are it is almost certainly not my fault.

I always worry about small things and also think the "what if?" Or the worst case scenario,my husband wants to move interstate and while I want to leave the area I'm living due to so many bad things happening to me here it has now become triggering just to go the local shops I am also afraid of the what ifs even though my husband says it will be ok I still stress out,it drives my husband nuts that I constantly worry about things but it's hard for me.

Yep. Nothing like turning a minor inconvenience into a worst-case scenario.

It's one thing I do really, really well. :eek:

But I do see it directly akin to my OCD.

Luckily much like my OCD, it's something I try to keep to myself in R/L. Otherwise people might think I'm nuts. :eek:

But among ourselves here...I do seem to hear about others with similar issues. It's a source of frustration at times, but I'm slowly learning to "catch myself" when I do this and try to remind myself that I'm exaggerating things. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

Last edited:
I'm the same, I have a few personal worries at the moment, which are too personal to post about, even on my Blog (which no one reads or comments on anyway) but every little thing I worry about ends up becoming a big thing on top of everything else.

New Threads

Top Bottom