• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

In the end I will not be fired, but...

DanPaladin

Aspie and nerd, greatest combination.
My manager don't want to let me go, he will only reduce my hours to 20 a week, what is not so bad since I can look for a better job and study on my field (Design).

I was feeling good today till one of my managers started to be ignorant towards me (I make many mistakes and I'm a bit slow sometimes). Now I noticed that many colleagues are acting strange and ignoring me, even the ones I thought liked me.

I'm really feeling bad at my workplace and this makes me feel very anxious, but I can't leave till I find a another job. Now I will have to suffer for a longer time till I find one. :(

The friendly here in this case means I sympathize with your troubles.

When coworkers who used to be sort if okay start ignoring us or treating us worse, (I have learned that) it is time to get another job.

I know interviews are not the best showcase of our talents but they are necessary.

You can put an ad in the newspaper advertising a fake job with a post office box. Then whatever resumes you get, apply to those people's jobs. If they are looking enough to send out a resume, then they are looking to leave. And it is always better to be the first one interviewed (it speaker or presenter, it works for that sort of thing too) than the last.

Meanwhile, if you can write you might want to put an ad in the paper offering to write love letters for someone, "read their fortune" by mail, or tutor a kid in some school subject. I have done all of those things and made bits of money st it. I also did odd jobs and walked a dog and fed a cat when his owner was on vacation. These would not be a job to go into, just something to do while you are working 20 hours a week and vigorously looking for work.

An English professor told me "All you need is one yes". We just have to go find it.

Having work troubles and nearing the natural end of a job makes me want to clam up more. Instead, I force myself to do the opposite-- show random people some of my work and tell them that I am looking.

Take care of you. Do let us know how it is going. I believe in you.

Sorry to hear that. I know that is a rough place to find yourself. It is good that you recognize you need to find another job before leaving this one. It is hard to stay where you are not wanted. In the meantime I encourage you to do the best job you can. It will be easier for your supervisor to give you a good recommendation to a future employer. Plus, you will feel better about yourself.

Thank you for all the kindness.

Today was another terrible one. They told me again that I'm too slow and I broke many jars of olives, I can even sense their disappointment. :(

I just want another job now.

I am sorry you are hurting Dan. I have been there. It hurts. Hopefully you can find something that you like, that you are good at, and it pays well. And hopefully this will happen soon. I hate job hunting.

I am sorry you are hurting Dan. I have been there. It hurts. Hopefully you can find something that you like, that you are good at, and it pays well. And hopefully this will happen soon. I hate job hunting.

Thank you.

I hate it too, but we don't have other options. Disability pension here doesn't pay enough and the job provider doesn't do anything.

The problem is that I'm procrastinating too much and not looking for work, I come home and I feel exhausted. I have to force myself soon to not end been stuck at this job.

That procrastination thing. I know that procrastination thing well. It is like being frozen in inactivity and I can't get myself going.

Is it possible to identify one possible job a day?
Fill out one job application a day? [Everything is online over here, even job applications. Not sure if it is the same over there].
Let one person a day [that does not work where you work] that you are looking?
Can you do that maybe twice a week?

All you need is one yes.

If you want to, you can post it here when you have applied for one job.

If you don't want to, just know that I am cheering you onward.

That procrastination thing. I know that procrastination thing well. It is like being frozen in inactivity and I can't get myself going.

Is it possible to identify one possible job a day?
Fill out one job application a day? [Everything is online over here, even job applications. Not sure if it is the same over there].
Let one person a day [that does not work where you work] that you are looking?
Can you do that maybe twice a week?

All you need is one yes.

If you want to, you can post it here when you have applied for one job.

If you don't want to, just know that I am cheering you onward.

Thank you.

It's what I'm trying to do, at lest 5 applications that suits me. The problems is that some days I can't even find them, and even if I get an interview, been successful is hard. :(

You can put an ad in the newspaper advertising a fake job with a post office box. Then whatever resumes you get, apply to those people's jobs. If they are looking enough to send out a resume, then they are looking to leave. And it is always better to be the first one interviewed (it speaker or presenter, it works for that sort of thing too) than the last

My nickname!e for you is Machi

How about you also arrange for the interview for these guys who have applied.
They walk through the door a d all fall into a tiger pit.

Even more jobs to apply for...

New Threads

Top Bottom