• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Imaginary Childhood Friends...

Did you have imaginary friend or friends growing up?

• No. I had no imaginary friends.

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • Yes. I had one or more.

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters
Yep. I remember I used to had a friend called arv, I started communicate with him since I was 3, he doesn't really have any stable form, not a human but more like a variable existence, he changes to different appearance when I learn more about this world.
At start, he was like a kid that knows many things about me, but surprisingly distant from me too, he didn't want to talk with me knowing I've been a illogical kid.
But we do talk about what and why things happens, and reasons behind it.

Then he keeps changing, but remaining polite and calm attitude, he only feel emotional when extremely bad things happened, such as family abusing or schoolmates bullying me.

When I enter 14, he changed quite a lot, I was having a lot of unfriendly treatments in school and home, despite my weirdness is harmless, people still wronged me and beat me.

Then he tried to give me emotional support, telling me not to be weak and sad, he told me: " they're just other creatures, trying to feel entertained through bullying and making offensive jokes, don't show your weakness, don't feel angry because of them, feel sad for them because none of their actions are necessary, using this method to feel happy is very unfortunate."
Arv communicate with me a lot, teach me about people and why I should not care about them.

He wasn't human. He was more like an individual creature who supports me, his wisdom always helps me with life affairs and mental illness, but he is affected by my mind too.
Sometimes he blames me for being lazy or fruitless, try to elevate me to another level, h helped me quite a lot, but we stay distant, only when we both thought of something, then we would talk to each other about it, otherwise we don't do chit chat.
He has a similar appearance like me, also wearing beanie, but I'm Asian, he looks European.

He hasn't been to my mind for a while now, I'm having a bad moment in my life, and it seems like he was just a imaginary friend, because he is strongly associated with my emotions, often appears when I'm stuck in sad moments, I don't have extra energy to build character anymore since high school in place isn't fun, but very stressful.
I'd be happy if he pay a visit now, but he's gone. I'm not sad though, we're just like casual friend, sometimes best friend.

I had both real friends and imaginary friends when I was a little kid. My cartoons were my imaginary friends. But the kids I was friends with seemed to have all vanished, so I wonder if they were the ones who really were imaginary.:rolleyes:

New Threads

Top Bottom