• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I'm the only one besides my family who lives with me that did not complete college.

I came across something rather scary this week. A young guy is competent at producing things with CAD-CAM, although he has to test them in real life, not software. However, he seems to have absolutely no feel for the machinery he is making, He tries out ideas that one could disprove just fiddling with a bit of junk. I wonder if Lego has taken all the manual skill out of playing.

I started with a three year diploma in chemical engineering, going nowhere, added two year diploma in lab technician coatings then career started moving finally added certificate in quality control up to level of management certificate. straight A student passed over for position as quality engineer for my employer as I was seeking a desk job as making ink was getting too physical for me retired at 65 a couple of years later They even tried to get me to work past retirement. Something they regret now. all it would of taken was a simple position change I was eminently qualified for. I guess they did not realize I had spent the last 15 years as their unofficial quality engineer.

New Threads

Top Bottom