• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I'm Still Not Over Her. Any Advice?

KwiSpen

Since I've last been here, I've gotten in and out of a relationship. We broke up about a month and a half ago, and I'm still not over her. It wasn't a very clean break and I never got a straight answer from her. Since then, I've tried to get back into the dating game, but I don't feel the enthusiasm I once had with it.

Today, I saw her. We were at the same convention. I didn't expect to see her since she didn't respond to the Facebook event. She showed up, and I felt myself falling to pieces. A buddy talked me off the ledge and calmed me down. I stayed relatively calm and tried to keep my head down around her. At the same time, I had these unresolved feelings, and a need to end on a high note: a more amiable note. As we were about to leave, I tried to strike up a conversation. After a quick hello, she sprinted away like Usain Bolt at the 100m. I guess I shouldn't have tried to smooth things over. Now, I'm hurt even more and feel again like I'll never find love. Any words of advice, fellow aspies?

Of course you feel like you will never find love. You WILL though, if you keep trying. This too shall pass. Think of it like going fishing and being able to keep one fish. Some you want to keep will get away and some will want to stay that you will want to toss back into the sea. You're young and they are young also. Take your time, as you have plenty. Laugh and live!

Well Kwispen if you have already been in a relationship with someone, seems to me that it won't be the only one. People have relationships at least I did, to try and figure out what kind of person they get along with best. Its all a learning experience, each person that you encounter, helps you along the way to decide which person best suits you.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom