• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I’m not very good at sharing.

Perhaps in a shop, maybe, even though money is not identifiable. But out on the street, where I have found notes many times. What would you do then?
Not for me to judge.
I would have kept them, others may hand them into police.
Who knows what cops would do, but it’s up to them.

Not for me to judge.
I would have kept them, others may hand them into police.
Who knows what cops would do, but it’s up to them.
That is interesting. Your first line is like you're being asked how should it be done. What's the right thing.
Whereas your second line is the answer I was asking about. What you would do, which is keep it, which is what I would do. Sorry if that seems a bit analytical. Been on that walking meditation and I tend to open things up more after that.

I am very careful not to lose things. Money especially. OCD about it in many ways. But once in a while it has happened. I wasn't being mindful enough. Didn't put it away as I'd normally, so wasn't aware of taking my hand out my pocket and the folded note goes with it. But I am really mindful usually. So when I find £10, £20, on the floor, which has happened a few times, a part of me understands how it may have come to be there, and a part of me appreciates the gift of finding unexpected treasure. I used to do metal detecting, and treasure seeking is quite addictive, especially if you find silver coins, gold rings, roman coins, WW2 shells, and never know what the next beep will produce. Even finding a pound coin is treasure.

That is interesting. Your first line is like you're being asked how should it be done. What's the right thing.
Whereas your second line is the answer I was asking about. What you would do, which is keep it, which is what I would do. Sorry if that seems a bit analytical. Been on that walking meditation and I tend to open things up more after that.

I am very careful not to lose things. Money especially. OCD about it in many ways. But once in a while it has happened. I wasn't being mindful enough. Didn't put it away as I'd normally, so wasn't aware of taking my hand out my pocket and the folded note goes with it. But I am really mindful usually. So when I find £10, £20, on the floor, which has happened a few times, a part of me understands how it may have come to be there, and a part of me appreciates the gift of finding unexpected treasure. I used to do metal detecting, and treasure seeking is quite addictive, especially if you find silver coins, gold rings, roman coins, WW2 shells, and never know what the next beep will produce. Even finding a pound coin is treasure.
I guess handing it into police seems the right thing.
I won’t judge those choose otherwise.
It’s ok to be analytical.
I lose a lot of things, it’s awful.
Metal detecting sounds interesting.

I guess handing it into police seems the right thing.
Well, in one way yes, but who's going to claim it? If you hand in property and it isn't claimed it comes yours. Who would lose £20 and think I'd better report it. They just accepted the loss. They would never imagine anyone handing a note in. So when I find a fiver or a ten, I just put it in my pocket. I have shared things with homeless before. Money I've found past it forward. It jus depends what happens next.

Well, in one way yes, but who's going to claim it? If you hand in property and it isn't claimed it comes yours. Who would lose £20 and think I'd better report it. They just accepted the loss. They would never imagine anyone handing a note in. So when I find a fiver or a ten, I just put it in my pocket. I have shared things with homeless before. Money I've found past it forward. It jus depends what happens next.
Maybe no one will claim it.
When I was little I was really honest, I remember being bullied into stealing from shops at 11 and impulsively confessed to my mum.
While that felt better, I still hung around with the bullies as I used them as my role models, having not gained any role models from fiction books.
Yeah I Left £50 in an ATM and just accepted the loss.
EDIT AS SENT TOO QUICK.
I don’t judge anyone for finding money and putting it in their pocket, who am I to judge? You have been generous going by your posts.

Yeah I Left £50 in an ATM and just accepted the loss.
And that allowed someone else to find it, and £50 may have been exactly what they needed to get themselves out of a fix. Your loss was their gain. Only somebody very honest can do that. Just like the man who walked away from the ATM for me. What might he have felt intuitively? That it wasn't some mistake but a deliberate act. Especially as he disappeared not long after. He went to that ATM, and knew to request £15 and then walk away. He just did it. I needed it. It was a gift. The world works in mysterious ways. There was a lot of love felt that day. A lot. I need that too. I was all alone except for that love. That love was all I needed.

New Threads

Top Bottom