• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I'm not ready to be a teenager yet. Why do I feel like this?

School days were the worst days of my life. There. I've said it!
I went to an all boys selective school for what were supposed to be the brightest kids in the city. They were ANIMALS! I loathed every second of that place. I left after a couple of years and went to a normal, mixed comprehensive school which was marginally better but was still soul destroying.
That was over 30 years ago and memories of that time still haunt me sometimes. We have to go through it though. The standard school systems of most if not all the world are not geared up for any kind of challenging kids, not just ASD kids. If you deviate from the herd you're likely to have a hard time of it.
The good news is that it ends when you eventually become an adult and take charge of your own life. You can turn your back on those days and get on with your life your own way. The only thing you can do is get as good a set of grades as you can, ignore the idiots, perverts and bullies as much as you are able and use the rules to keep them in check when you get the opportunity.
My heart goes out to you @Horsegirl , it really does. I'd hate to go back to that time of my life, but I can honestly say that if I hadn't learned from the experiences of those days, I wouldn't have been as well equipped to handle adult life as I was.
Hang on in there as best you can :)
Thank you, you just made my day.

New Threads

Top Bottom