• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I'm new so hi

Hi. Welcome. I'm still learning how to navigate the site, too. Joined several days ago.
I don't have a hard time sleeping, I'm just on a different cycle to most. There really are night owls and early birds. I'm just a night owl. Have been all my life. :D

Defiantly a night owl. Most of my energy seems to be at night, I was just wondering if it was an aspie thing or a me thing ;)

'lo!

I did have a bit of insomnia two years ago after going through a very rough patch in my life, my sleep is better but it's not like how it was before. As a result I've done a few things to improve sleep hygiene, no caffeinated drink past 7pm and a bedtime are two things I've done that have helped me. There's also other things that stimulate my thoughts like story creating for RPGs, I do that a lot earlier in the day now.

Karma is simply points you get from other people rating your posts, such as liking them, agreeing, etc.

Welcome.

giphy (32).gif

hi aunius,welcome to AC!
i have struggled with severe insomnia my entire life,i was on melatonin at one point which changed my life but i was took off it and put on a rubbish sedative/zopiclone that never worked and when i asked to go back on the melatonin eventually they said the licence had changed and only under 18s can access them [this is the UK,so different laws to america where melatonin can be got over the counter]i drink whiskey to try and help but it doesnt its just given me a dependency problem.

my shrink said he would happily prescribe me it if he had the licence to prescribe but he will ask the gp to give me melatonin on special circumstances and the gp said he will but ive got to wait till i see my shrink again to get him to send the gp a letter about what doseage he wants me on....all frustrating and irritating, but however i can strongly recommend trying melatonin.

other ways to help with sleep are to use black out blinds/curtains,i know big tesco stores is selling mobile black out blinds in the baby section you stick them on your window with the suction cups and it stops the light coming through,i dont know what size window it goes up to though i didnt pull them out of the bag,but theyre £25 i think,probably easiest and cheapest way to get black out blinds.

dont use your laptop two hours before bed so you can chill out and your brain activity go back to normal.

avoid drinking caffeine and heavy sugary drinks after 6pm every day

dont spend all your time in your bedroom,this is known to make sleeping harder,aparently you should only use your bedroom for sleep, and you need to have calming colours on the wall-pale green and white are not over stimulating,although for me white walls are over stimulating.

New Threads

Top Bottom