• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I'm new here

sarahmeg

Hi my name is Sarah. I am from California. I have Aspergers Syndrome. I am 29 years old. I just recently started living on my own with very little supports. And now I even have a part time job. So I couldn't be happier with my life as it currently is. But I have always known how much I bothered other people, and how much different I was from everyone else. And sometimes I just want to be normal so people will stop bothering me about it. I am very happy in my own world, but I've been thinking lately that I may be missing out on something. I only really feel normal around other aspies, because they are like me. And recently I became good friends with another aspie in the town I live in and that has been nice. So I want to join this site to talk with more aspies, because I think that is what I've been missing out on. I want to be a part of somewhere in which I belong, not just somewhere that I stick out like a sore thumb. Thank you.

Hello and welcome! I live in California as well (Doesn't mean much, very big state...I know lol) but on the off chance you are in Southern California around the Inland Empire area there's a support group with many different events. I have yet to attend any but once I have my legal diagnosis I plan to. I'm sure there's a group such as this regardless of what area you live in (ASPIES ARE TAKING OVER!!:)), I found the inland empire group through this website; Find Meetup groups near you - Meetup . Just search for asperger or autism and I'm over explaining this now...sorry. Anyways..welcome!

Hi Sarah! Welcome to Aspies Central. You have definitely come to a great place to meet other Aspies. I've been on here for three months now and I LOVE it here. I like to call the forum a close-knit family because we are always there for one another if we ever need support or people to talk to. On that note, feel free to post anything you would like to know or to talk about with anyone. We're extremely friendly and, as I said earlier, always willing to support you whenever you need anyone to talk to.

Hi Sarah,

I new as a member but have visited the forum before. Some great people.

We can learn many things from others. And enjoy people like us. :)

Welcome to the forums, Sarah.

I have learned much from these forums in the last few days. The people on here are very insightful and diverse, making the community exactly as Jacki describes it, "a close-knit family." Anyway, though, there are many people on this forum with Asperger's / AS, allowing you to meet them and friend them as you choose. I look forward to interacting with you on the forums.

From someone with Asperger's,

Brandon

New Threads

Top Bottom