• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I'm new here... entrepreneurial Aspie.

Lisa Maria

It's been a long journey to understanding my "uniqueness". I've had many business and commercial successes (due to intense systemizing, inability to fit into a typical 9-5 work community, and unbreakable focus on my special interests) but have long felt like an alien, of sorts. Socializing in groups is painful -- confusing at times, too noisy, exhausting -- but people expect me to. So I hide at my property and come out, infrequently. It sometimes takes me a week or more to recover.

Relationships can be confusing. I get along best with people who I consider "kind". I guess to me that means that they say what they mean, are not passive-aggressive, non-competitive. The non-competitive part is most important. My goals have never had anything to do with competing. I find this part can be confusing to others.

Anyhow.... just a tiny introduction. I look forward to reading others' experiences and how you've coped and thrived. ~ Lisa

7fdb20f9ee1667252bed45b2a2ce4078.png

good luck, you should find this site informative, like likes like feels good.

Last edited:
Welcome. I like your bent towards the non competitive. That is how I learned to thrive at work. The competitive jerks used asymmetry of information to one-up people, hoarding their knowledge. I, instead, shared my knowledge, skill and experience and developed something they could not; influence.

Hi Lisa Marie and welcome to the forums :). I think the dismal statistics on unemployment among ASD people are missing a lot of people like you and me. Although, I've had enough and want to retire soon.

Hi there and welcome to the site! Its a great place to spend time, very friendly and non-threatening with lots of different perspectives.
What you wrote resonates with me - and I can imagine with quite a few others here :)

New Threads

Top Bottom