• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I'm A Liar or You Believe In God . . . ?

(e.g. if an intelligent entity of some kind caused the flash and your transformation,--as I feel is the case,--

Thank you for all of your post! It's wonderful! Just to clarify, you would not refer to this "intelligent entity," as God?

What l found interesting is the church uses gifted people to counsel and spread the church's message. But l also have heard of many people who are fed up with their pastors and their bad examples and end up leaving the church.

I am a spiritual person but l practice my beliefs everyday, some days are defintely better then others.
but people confuse that with faith !Yeshua (Jesus) is not one pastor or a group of people ,Jesus is partly a man and just as importantly immortal,The point of what you!think of as a church is just !for worship, it is supposed to be for that so that you get the ultimate benefit, there is also a lot of understanding lost because people don’t know the translations of Hebrew words, in the New Testament it says we are changed from glory unto glory, We are not perfect when we become saved, glory is defined as resembling God literally looking like God ,so you look more each day like God, some people not a lot appear to do it very, very quickly, there is a literal change in the brains wiring.

I know this, because I heard a man ,talk about becoming a Christian and he was lying flat on the ground, I presume !I won’t! keep using terms that you might find confusing !and he couldn’t get up and he could perceive that something was happening to his head !and he could see a being touching his head ,he said to the angel what are you doing ,he said I am rewiring you, he had been a very violent man. just to be clear I am not trying to convert anybody ,it just irritates me when people disrespect something because they don’t have an understanding of it.

Always interesting that Christianity, not specifically religion in general, results in serious debate, often hostile debate. I remember 50 years ago those who claimed to be atheists at least accepted, respected, tolerated the Christian faith, in the name of tolerance. Unfortunately, the Christian faith is now hardly tolerated at all. In fact, there has been a concerted movement to have all vestiges of it removed from public experience, whereas other religions are tolerated, even respected and embraced. One well known atheist has insisted that no Christian be employed as an academic at a highly prestigious university. So ‘tolerance’ has become intolerant.
I understand the pressures and backlashes as a result of current very poor depictions of Christian church and Christianity, and abuses of people within that system. But I had to look at historical as well as spiritual evidence and experience, with the realization that it is impossible to claim to understand faith that is based on full understanding, full knowledge, expecting all ducks to be in a row. That, by definition, would not be faith at all. However, it would simply be impossible to believe that an entire universe simply emerged of its own accord out of nothing, or that out of the sludge at the bottom of a slime pool molecules decided to gather together and eventually produce an Einstein. That would take great faith indeed on my part :p.
Please forgive my apparent disrespect for those who are not ‘religious’, but that’s not my intention. I’m definitely not religious, but I am a follower of Jesus Christ. He’s just too big to ignore, and started the greatest revolution the world has ever known. The fact is that you had an experience in church and you should just embrace that as is, and accept where it has led you. There is simply too much to cover in a thread which is limiting and not intended to address such matters in depth.
However, if you want to read some very deep, informative material on these subjects, then go online and look for Dallas Willard who was a Professor of Philosophy and has written a wide range of books on the Christian faith as well as Philosophy. Or you can listen to Apologist Ravi Zacharias on You Tube who addresses all of the very deep and difficult questions we ask in life.
I hope you find this helpful. All the very best.

My narrow interests for 14 years was biblical hebrew and ancient mesopotamia. Also another subject was new testament manuscript traditions. I went from being to main go to guy for literary meaning and commentary... But now, ha. My wife says not to say a word! The bible as we have today within two leather covers, is not what we were told. I still have some faith. But I will never again look at another human through any biblical filter.

Now Im not sure were I actually stand. I may be masking now. Im still new to this.

My conversion was like the matrix. I have several friends who I led to the Lord who have large churches now. My conversion was literally a 180. But my conversion was apart from the Bible. I still can't explain my radical change from wild living to next day as pure as a lamb. And it affected so many. This also adds to some of my confusion

My conversion was like the matrix. I have several friends who I led to the Lord who have large churches now. My conversion was literally a 180. But my conversion was apart from the Bible. I still can't explain my radical change from wild living to next day as pure as a lamb. And it affected so many. This also adds to some of my confusion
Mines was a bit like that too. My view on scripture is that it reveals to us Jesus who is the saviour. The whole debate about whether it is infallible is a side show, the key thing is that it reveals enough about Jesus for Him to become Lord and for us to walk in a form of discipleship reflective of what He intended.

Always interesting that Christianity, not specifically religion in general, results in serious debate, often hostile debate. I remember 50 years ago those who claimed to be atheists at least accepted, respected, tolerated the Christian faith, in the name of tolerance. Unfortunately, the Christian faith is now hardly tolerated at all. In fact, there has been a concerted movement to have all vestiges of it removed from public experience, whereas other religions are tolerated, even respected and embraced. One well known atheist has insisted that no Christian be employed as an academic at a highly prestigious university. So ‘tolerance’ has become intolerant.
I understand the pressures and backlashes as a result of current very poor depictions of Christian church and Christianity, and abuses of people within that system. But I had to look at historical as well as spiritual evidence and experience, with the realization that it is impossible to claim to understand faith that is based on full understanding, full knowledge, expecting all ducks to be in a row. That, by definition, would not be faith at all. However, it would simply be impossible to believe that an entire universe simply emerged of its own accord out of nothing, or that out of the sludge at the bottom of a slime pool molecules decided to gather together and eventually produce an Einstein. That would take great faith indeed on my part :p.
Please forgive my apparent disrespect for those who are not ‘religious’, but that’s not my intention. I’m definitely not religious, but I am a follower of Jesus Christ. He’s just too big to ignore, and started the greatest revolution the world has ever known. The fact is that you had an experience in church and you should just embrace that as is, and accept where it has led you. There is simply too much to cover in a thread which is limiting and not intended to address such matters in depth.
However, if you want to read some very deep, informative material on these subjects, then go online and look for Dallas Willard who was a Professor of Philosophy and has written a wide range of books on the Christian faith as well as Philosophy. Or you can listen to Apologist Ravi Zacharias on You Tube who addresses all of the very deep and difficult questions we ask in life.
I hope you find this helpful. All the very best.
I wonder if a Christian had gone doing athiest forum and said my relative has converted to to atheism how do I not feel cut off what the response would be not for instance you are deluded if you believe there is a god or god is a myth would that be disrespectful I wonder I will make your child feel worthless if they want to pray in a public school so their life will be unbearable because we are oppressed the irony

New Threads

Top Bottom