• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

If You Had A Clone. . .

Pondering

Hypothetically speaking, if you had a clone, a duplucate, exact replica of yourself, would you want to be friends with it and why or why not?

A pointless question as my clone would likely blow a hole in the side of earth with a dark matter bomb renduring anyone meeting anyone pointless.:eek::fearscream::screamcat:

And I have no idea, some people can't stand my auspieness, others love my warm side, maybe we would get in a fight and kill eachother over weather Babalon 5 was cool or not:screamcat:....:rage: death to you.. you S/F infadel. :p

Probably. Nobody knows you like you, I think we'd actually be pretty good friends, even considering we'd be the same person. Never hurts to have a body double at least! :confused:

If I had a clone, it would probably live across the hall from me, and I don't talk to my neighbours.

If I don't know how to have friends then my clone would be in the same situation. So it's possible I do have one or I am one, and we're both wandering around clueless.

No. We'd be battling out of jealousy in regards to who would be the primary recipient of my dog's love.

NwwGTB.jpg

I'd want to be friends, but we'd either be BFF's or complete awkward strangers/enemies. I imagine we'd hate each other at first, because of the whole 'we don't like what we see in the mirror' type of trope. But after some self-reflection and self-improvement, we might get along.

What a fascinating question and for me, it is not a straight forward answer.

Some days, I would say: I would avoid "me" like the plague. Other days, I would seriously like to get to know "me" and just know we would be best of friends.

I do like that I am quick to laugh and smile and believe in being kind and gentle. I also like that I enjoy being a woman.

What I do not like is how flipping sensitive I am; how I take a tease very personal; how I want to be positive but too scared to be positive, because it always ends negatively and thus, safer to be negative, so that I can be surprised with positiveness.

If I had a clone, we'd probably go straight to comparing genetics and determining what was most had the higher chance of being dominant and what was more likely to be passive. XD

A clone would only be a physical copy of me, without the experiences I have had, so it would be
like being around a stranger or maybe cousin who happened to look like me.

The clone would probably have to start off as a baby. That would be interesting to me, being able
to provide experiences for the developing intelligence.

If somehow the clone were delivered to me at the same stage I am, then at least I could have help
carrying things that are too heavy for me alone.

If the show Orphan Black is anything to go by, having clones of yourself would make life pretty complicated (especially if one was a psychopath who wanted to kill you, at least at first):

A clone would only be a physical copy of me, without the experiences I have had, so it would be
like being around a stranger or maybe cousin who happened to look like me.

The clone would probably have to start off as a baby. That would be interesting to me, being able
to provide experiences for the developing intelligence.

If somehow the clone were delivered to me at the same stage I am, then at least I could have help
carrying things that are too heavy for me alone.
Well, if that were to be the case, it would be fine. The realistic type of clone, who is really the same thing as a twin. I interpreted the question as meaning a clone in the sci-fi TV show way, which is someone who (inexplicably) is exactly re same as you, not only genetically, but in every way.

New Threads

Top Bottom