• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

If you could choose what kind of person or creature would you be?

Wolfnox

V.I.P Member
So this comes from a time when I was trying to figure out who I was. And who I wanted to be. I know now who I want to be. Something new clean of evil with a strong sense of honor, loyality, and love. What about all of you?

A gibbet.

Not because I'm well hanged, because

I get all flibberti when I gibbet at the moment.

If I became a true gibbet I would be more relaxed.

Let the flibberti fly away.

This flibbertigibbet feels almost as old as the word.

I would be 40 years younger, strong and healthy, free of anxiety.
Travelling the country in a small RV with no particular place to go and no certain time to get there.
A wanderer of sorts.
Of course I would need enough money to live this life style, but, that would be part of the fantasy.
Somehow I would have the money and someone I was comfortable with to enjoy sharing the lifestyle.

I'm already who I want to be. I'm not where I want to be, my health isn't as good as I'd like and I could do with better financial security, but as to the intrinsic "me" I'm 100% secure in my own skin. It's this cruel world that could do with a bit of work ;)

Anyone watch Elementary? I'm pretty sure Sherlock is the most perfect version of me.

Pretty sure we do choose what kind of person we want to be. :eek: Whatever you are is what you've chosen.

I wish that were true, but I've tried all my life to be a different sort of person. It never seems to work. I can improve a character trait here and there, but the main shape of me always seems to stay the same.

Well, since I am just middle aged (I have every intention to live to be 146 years old) ,I would have all kinds of mechanical toys to take apart. I am who I am and I like who I am. I have a wonderful family and made a living working with my special interest. Now all that I need is more toys to take apart. The bigger, the better.

If a could be anything I would be a house cat. Fed regularly, nothing to do but spend all day snoozing in the warm and occasionally receiving pets. Bliss.

As for what kind of person, I agree with @Fino, we are all the person we have chosen to be. I have chosen to be a somewhat lazy academic who is generous, slightly judgmental but generally kind, adventurous, and prone to sending people lots of cat pictures even when I know they probably don't want them.

I would like to be a bit less of a procrastinator but obviously not enough to, you know, not procrastinate. I sometimes think I would like to learn another language but again obviously I don't actually want to or I would actually do it.

In a metaphysical sense I'd settle for being a reincarnated soul that was able to take full advantage of all the mistakes I had made and come to terms with in my past life. In other words, this life. ;)

Now that's what I'd call real hindsight, if such a thing is really possible. :cool:

Last edited:
I think I'm pretty content with who I am, also. @Fino, I think we mostly choose who we want to be, but not totally. If there were a few things I could change, I would. I would like to go out and do things more, but I'm too inhibited and just can't get myself to do it.
But, for the most part, I'm glad of the person that I am and the life I have experienced and all the knowledge I've gained from that life. I'm a combination - naturally a lot grizzly mama, a little bit of a wise old owl and some laughing hyena thrown in. :)

l want freedom to be me, not a version of what other people think l am. l love logic, l like to solve people's issues. l would like to be an owl. So beautiful. l was blessed to see one who was shopping for small bite after the snow melted. Very regal, felt very spiritual.

I picture myself as a blue dragon, still a child, barely any taller than a human. It just feels so... right. When I feel most at home, most myself, is when I have dreams where I fly on my own two wings, feeling the air supporting me beneath my wings, feeling muscles I don't even have in reality working to keep me aloft.

I would be a handsome male fairy with a beautiful fairy wife. I would have a nice light pink outfit (the Fairy Tale pink shade that I love that I have a lot of clothes in), while my wife would have a brighter pink outfit.

So this comes from a time when I was trying to figure out who I was. And who I wanted to be. I know now who I want to be. Something new clean of evil with a strong sense of honor, loyality, and love. What about all of you?
Gosh, well, human or animal are quite different since we know animals from an outsiders point of view. Though technically we are animals too I realise.
Well, maybe a crow? I like birds and crows are intelligent. hey, maybe a magpie (like my profile pic). Human wise just a better version of myself, I guess.

New Threads

Top Bottom