• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

If I were a MACHINE

I would want to be Motoko Kusanagi Her awesomeness cannot be overstated.

Other people, I suppose, might say I am most like the T100 from Terminator.

I would never want to be any type of machine that serves no purpose.

If I could be a machine I would be an auto-mat in every country in the world, supplying food to people who couldn't afford it for free and people who can afford it would pay. Have thought that auto-mat's were the best thing that ever happened in the food industry, you choose what you want, then take it from it's place and eat it or bring it home to cook. You don't have to look at a menu, or talk to anyone. Don't know why there are so few left outside of europe.

image.jpg

If someone were to find a machine that I was homologous with it would likely be a bicycle, continually moving and stopping for short periods of time.

Wouldn't want to be a machine that makes lots of noise, and destroys things like trees and forests.

What kind of machine would you be?

I would want to be a probe that floats about the universe
interacting and gathering information on different cultures
and the nature of reality.

I would be adaptable, assuming the languages and forms
of different creatures, experiencing life from different perspectives
and able to safely explore and experience all the wonders of reality,
and the weird incomprehensible unrealities at my leisure.
I would leave the inhabitants of each world I experienced with detailed
analysis of their environments and how their world fits in the universe,
and how to safely interact with it so they could live in harmony and purpose
towards the betterment and happiness of their species.

I would be a very happy machine doing this.
Maybe form a university of creatures from every part of the multiverse
to share and learn from each others experience of reality and marvel at
it's beauty and mysteries. :)

Well, one thing is for sure. I would not want to be a printer. Printers are evil.

I want to be a detonator.
I am not saying I want to destroy people or things.
I want to be an essential component.
I want to be the element that causes an explosive result.

What sort of machine do you suppose other people
would say you are most like?

I think many people suppose I am like a small refrigerator.
Refrigerators sit quietly and have capacity for storage.
People seem to think I am calm and retain information.

What kind of machine would you never want to be?
A broken, rusty can opener.
Not many people bother to fix can openers.
They just get a new one.

I'd be a guillotine.
This would allow me to carry out justice with precision, but
without the distraction of having any feelings about it.
There would be the advantage of being perfectly obedient
to the law. I would easily complete a task that others
found difficult.

Some people would say I already resemble a guillotine or any
machine, because I express no great degree of emotion, as
far as they can tell, and that I function as an automaton.
These people would be unobservant and mistaken.

I wouldn't want to be a guillotine because I would be closely
involved in killing some creature and although the guillotine
was designed as a humanitarian execution device, I don't
want to chop off anybody's head. Gory.

A trusty old car. I don't have the modern bling but I'll get you where you want to go reliably, and more cheaply than a modern one. I like to see places, while having a purpose of being there. I have no clue what you're thinking most of the time, but if you just watch my gauge faces and listen to me, any needs are pretty clear, and most of those needs are basic. I'm fine being left alone for long periods, but I enjoy being cleaned up and taken out to meet other trusty old timers once in a great while. If you love me and treat me well, I'll take care of you for years or decades. If you abuse me, push me too hard, or put me into a situation I'm not designed for, I'll not perform well, and will break down sooner or later.

A computer. I sit quietly and run in the background, do things and think about things that most people don't have a clue about, they are just interested in the end result. People get impatient with me, even though I'm just doing what needs to be done at the most comfortable speed. If you overclock me you will get more errors. And once in awhile you will get an unexplained BSOD (blue is my favorite color too).

Any machine used to hurt people. If I was a gun, I'd give excellent performance for target practice, but I'd jam up if I was pointed at someone and the trigger was pulled.

I would be a future kind of person machine, like Data on Star Trek or some characters in Philip Reeve's books. Flex for example was an artist who painted artwork onto trains.

Others may posit I am thus already.

I wouldn't want to be an industrial mincer processing meats.

I would want to be a computer.
My thoughts are never still and I never get my fill of knowledge.
I would live in cyberspace and always be there for information when needed. Lucy!

People probably think of me as a Data Star Trek type droid.
I take things serious and do not understand many human emotions.
My words are true and literal to the best of my program.

I would not want to be a steam engine. Dirty, clanky, confined to a one way track and
always blowing off steam.
But, I was once told by someone that I reminded them of an old green Hudson automobile
because I'm certainly no little red Corvette!

I would like to be a machine that translates animal sounds into understandable words for humans. I would be small and portable so that people could take me to the animals and understand what they’re saying.

I think most people would consider me to be a food delivery drone. I follow a scheduled route every day to bring meals to people in a highly organized way. I deliver food and messages and then quietly listen to what they have to say. I would be a drone with a big smiley face sticker on front of me because I am usually smiling when I knock on the door.

I would not want to be a machine that performs repetitive tasks, I enjoy a routine to some extent and I like knowing what I’m about to do, but I get tired of doing exactly the same thing from one day to another.

Suppose you were a machine.

What do you want to do?

Why not?
1. A massage chair. I love giving people massages #stimming #sensual

2. Sometimes

And sometimes

Or... Going by my employment history...

images - 2023-09-03T111001.613.jpeg

3. A self scan checkout or a parking meter because I don't like people getting frustrated and hitting me.

Also...

images - 2023-09-03T111421.547.jpeg

Have always given me nightmares. As a child in the early 90s I could not watch Doctor Who. That episode "Eggs" with the 11th Doctor Matt Smith (my favourite) reinforced those nightmares...

Today I decided I'd try being a can opener.
I'd make it possible for people to get at stuff they
wanted or needed. Food, probably.

Can openers are similar to teachers in that they
allow people to access material.

They might think I am like a can opener because I
cite sources and use quotations, to attribute information
to the ones who originated the knowledge.

Just a can opener that never was able to contribute
any new thing of my own.

I would like to be a coffee maker with a timer. I arise before everybody else and silently start my work before anyone has even stirred. I am done with my task and nobody has noticed until they wake up and feel happy that there is delicious, well-made coffee waiting for them. By this time, I have gone back to sleep.

What sort of machine do you suppose other people would say you are most like?

Some people think I am a broken radio. I’m something that is supposed to make sound and say words, but I remain quiet, unable to produce the broadcasts or the songs that people are expecting from a radio.

I would not want to be an espresso machine in a coffee café. My work would be so noisy, drawing attention in an already busy place. People would always be waiting on me and I would have to keep up while everyone in the shop could see me.

New Threads

Top Bottom