• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

If Aspies/Auties wrote advertising slogans?

The comments are what I head straight to after I have watched the clip, because they reveal so much about the mentality and intelligence level of the average, modern-day person (and it is NOT encouraging, I lose all hope in humanity when I see the inanity).

Agree, but I caution you, never eat or drink anything while reading youtube comments, I keep having to clean my keyboard.

I generally don't like advertisements of any kind, and I don't understand how anyone could ever be influenced by their patently empty promises, but sometimes one that I actually like will come along (for example, the ad may feature part of a song I like that I would otherwise have never heard, which I then search for). Clever and/or funny advertisements I like as well, maybe because they are so rare.

I just remember an interesting slogan from over 20 years ago from a dealer that sold illegal satellite and cable descramblers on the black market, and it went like this. "Our products are so good, they're illegal." Now I'm imagining how that could be applied to someone selling illegal drugs. Do you ever wonder if that sticker that they put on CD that says "parental advisory, Explicit lyrics" doesn't help sell more of that CD.

Last edited:
You all over there in England and Canada are so LUCKY YOU DO NOT HAVE Drug adverts!!!! That is all we have here, one after another. What can you do with them? They never end and are full of bombastic lies. And you go to the Dr and they are $40,000 for a supply. No joke.

When I lived in Canada, it was great. I could hardly believe it. Only ads about normal stuff. Dog food, diamonds, cars, hair stuff............

Have you seen the recent commercials that are attempting to cast a positive light on the pharmaceutical industry.

I trained as a graphic designer back in the late eighties and started work in advertising - I only lasted a year - I couldn't cope with all the lying, exaggeration and half-truths... Luckily I was able to move sideways and worked on graphics that visualised data instead. Still hate adverts and brands, labels etc.... Grr...

I trained as a graphic designer back in the late eighties and started work in advertising - I only lasted a year - I couldn't cope with all the lying, exaggeration and half-truths... Luckily I was able to move sideways and worked on graphics that visualised data instead. Still hate adverts and brands, labels etc.... Grr...

I know what you mean. While I worked as a website designer in gaming software, I was initially placed in their marketing department. Where I learned a lot of dirty secrets that well....soured me on gaming altogether.

I still recall telling my boss when I purchased one of our own products, and she was flabbergasted that I was able to obtain a product rebate. As if it wasn't supposed to happen in the first place! :eek:

This product is another unnecessary piece that will end up in your next garage sale but if you need to buy something, buy this, we have to feed our families.

This will break very shortly after you use it a few times, but, you can just buy another one so that we have jobs.

This product is another pretty pink package with rainbows, butterflies and unicorns, people will buy it, it's soap, but adulterated with pink dye and perfume.

Aside from being deceiving, one thing that advertisements piss me of is that it often emphasizes unimportant things. Take car ads for example, they always have the car driving in a desert, mountain, or some weird places, then say some nonsense like "Men.....speed...freedom.....the ultimate....", and I'm like, "So how many seats does it have????".

New Threads

Top Bottom